Well, this isn't as impressive as downing Illidan, but I was excited, so here goes:
A couple weeks ago I was MTing Kara with a Fury Warrior OT. He never could get Attumen off me, so I ended up tanking them both. Had no idea I could, but it was actually pretty easy.
On Sunday I was chatting during our Kara run and I mentioned Maintankadin. I said it was a really great place, like a brotherhood - or maybe a support group. They got a kick out of that.
So last night we're fighting R&J in Opera, and for the first time ever I'm tanking Romulo (when I started in Kara, I was about 9000 unbuffed hp and crushable, so I typically took Julianne and our feral Druid took Romulo). I'm sure I have the stats to pull it off, but for whatever reason I die during the last phase. The Druid and I whisper back and forth and agree that, while we can do it this way, for the ease of the new people and just finishing (we had done Attumen-Maiden and were finishing with Opera), we'll go back to our old, familiar roles.
Now, our Druid is great and has tanked Romulo a million times, but for whatever reason, again during the final phase, he dies. I actually manage to pick up Romulo and hold them both. Meanwhile, our Resto Druid has gone on to the next life. Our Pally healer is actually doing a great job of keeping me up, to the point where I think "Hey, we might actually be able to DO this!" However, someone convinces him to DI me, and that's the end of that. I was actually kind of disappointed.
While we rez and buff, I comment that it's too bad we didn't stick with it, because if I successfully tank both then the Pally Tank Union gives me a free meatloaf. The Druid tank says, "Oh, those Maintankadin people?" Yeah, them.
So we get all buffed up, and it's discussed that this will be our last try, because some people have to go, and in the back of my mind I'm thinking about trash repopping. I'm also thinking that our guild is way, WAY past the point of failing to clear the first four bosses on the first night. To make things even more fun, Lay on Hands is unavailable.
So, one more try. I tank Julianne to death. Druid tanks Romulo to death. I pick up Julianne again. He picks up Romulo again, and dies. I manage to pick up Romulo again (thank you, D3 shoulders and T4 gloves!) and call out for all the healing I can get. And not only do I tank both of those punks, but we pull off a very well coordinated kill for the win.
Our Druid tank in guildchat: "Wow...Azor just tanked both Romulo and Julianne."
To make things even better, my wife topped the damage meters during that fight, a first for her on a Kara boss.

_________________
