Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Reset Makes Me Angry...

fuzzygeek
Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:09 pm
As derisive as we are about old world content, I don't think anyone was as excited to kill Illidan as we were the first time Ony or Rag or Nef went down.
_________________
Tev
Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:27 pm
Can always sniff out an old hardcore EQ gamer with posts like these. EQ needed gear resets badly but they never happened, so with each new expac they lost more and more people until the point where it is now.

But EQ is EQ and WoW is WoW and WoW would lose a massive number of subscribers if it tried to force progression between expansions.
_________________
Gamingdevil
Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:28 pm
While it's a bad idea to make old school instances mandatory to continue leveling I think it would be nice if Blizz actually gave us a reason to rake up the nostalgia.
Once when we couldn't get a raid together we went MC and while it was insanely easy it was fun to relive through all of it and remember the good times.
There is only one single thing they should do: make old raid instances drop 1-2 badges per boss and it'd be a viable thing to do. I mean, most people only go heroics for badges, so it's not like the loot makes a difference...
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Vacalline
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:38 am
That's where achievements come in.
_________________
Aldonza
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:54 am
I spent enough time in MC, BWL and AQ40 before TBC to know that the only time I truly want to play in those zones again is for the "LOL Hey guys let's go see how far we can get into X". It's fun for a night to see what we can do - and honestly the less people there, the better. It's more fun to see how few you need these days.

With the exception of C'thun and the Twin Emps, most of AQ40 can just disappear into oblivion.

I normally take the time to attune myself for the old instances for the lawlruns, but I would quit before I would forcefully run them on each of my alts so I can move on to the newest thing.

----
Naxx has always been awesome. I would never be opposed to running it seriously ever - on any character. Even if I always failed at the Heigan dance. Sad ((I normally got the lethal final port into the hallway before a dance phase.))
_________________

Paladei
Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:08 am
From a business perspective, Blizzard has done everything right with WOW. They have just enough casual content to keep a casual player (aka The Majority) happy. They have a tonne of hardcore content to keep the hardcore players (relatively) happy.

I've always found it silly that the game has been designed in a way that restricts a large amount of the content from the average player... because there are plenty of other ways to appease the core players that don't involve wasting employee effort on content that only < 10% of the user base will get to experience.

But, that is how it is. I'm just thankful that I'll get to see Naxx come WOTLK. For everything else, we'll just have to grin and bare the fact that we'll be running it with significantly reduced numbers for kicks.
_________________