Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stupid pulls 101

elson
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:07 pm
Pulling 6-7 packs of undead in stratholme only to realize your last shield was already red....

Pulling 10+ mobs in the netherwing mines area only to realize you don't have your figurine of the colossus equipped....

countless others lol.
_________________
Zeal without wisdom is folly
Alorianna
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:54 pm
My best facepull story is in Kara. I was explaining Shade of Aran to some new players and working out the interupts on shade for this group. Now mind you in this group our interupts consisted of 4 Felhunters and nothing else. Now midway through the explaination, I hear Aran shout out and my raid timers start ticking. We actually started out just fine, until Aran started single targeting the Felhunters leaving us with an ever decreasing stack of interupts. We got polied since we couldn't keep up but still managed to down him. Elementals were easy at least =p
_________________
Everlight
Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:43 pm
Four Ethereal thieves at once. We lived - barely, but bloody hell it was close.

Two Spectral Sentries, two Phantom Guardsmen, and the Concubine/Wanton Hostess pull. We lived, but that was even closer Razz

A set of Phantom Guests and the Spectral Retainer / Attendant pull. We pulled through that one just fine.

The entire upper balcony at once due to a wanton Seed of Corruption. We didn't live Razz

And way back in BM, I remember the first time I told everyone I'd pick up every mob. They all laughed, and then after I was gone for a while they said "You've been gone for a while.... WHAT THE F*CK????" as they saw a vast melee of legs and teeth come cresting over the hill chasing me Razz
_________________
Zen Tanking - http://zentanking.blogspot.com
quoll
Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:16 pm
Clearing trash up to cruator

OT > "Quoll go get that pack"
Raid > "Wait for cruator to pass?"
OT > "Good idea, just wait, move back, FUTHER, OH GOD!"

Quoll > "Just handle it!"


So a utterly useless postion trying to watch out for trash, still got him down with minimal hassle.
_________________
Garwin
Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:35 pm
had a lousy turn out one week for kara and ended up with 2 pally tanks instead of our usual pally/warrior combo.

cleared morose no problem and just as you go up the ramp to the balcony and to head toward opera/maiden the hunters pet suddenly ran forward and charged something about 3 or 4 ranks of "guests" deep near the ushers.

both of us instinctivly stood side by side dropped holy wrath consecrate and holy sheild and closed our eyes..


somehow we all lived, I don't know how.
PsiVen
Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:40 pm
So we're doing a full SSC clear tonight (I'm alt-tabbed while rezzing) and pulling the usual AoE-fest murlocs:

I Avenger's Shield and get 2 packs, and die faster than anyone can get a heal off. Much laughter ensues and a horrible wipe. I announce that I'll be letting the hunter pull the next one.
We all rez up and run back (no soulstones), buff up get ready to pull.
Hunter carefully pulls two packs on accident and we live + aoe them all down because I didn't have initial aggro on every single mob Smile
After the rather long pull, I kindly asked him to turn off Aspect of the Pack.

Immediately after this, we go to pull the witches behind Tidewalker and someone aggros just before I Avenger's Shield the witches. Naturally they run around the corner, break LOS, MC a warlock with Howl of Terror up...
Needless to say, Tidewalker was happy to see me. At least that trash set despawned.
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...