Skip to content
Maintankadin

[A Rant] Tankadins, Willpower, and the Good Fight.

Fridmarr
Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:04 pm
Yeah, I had grabbed the season 1 mace as soon as it came out, before I knew the seaon 2 stuff was coming. Oh well, the difference isn't that big and today I scored my Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32045) for a nice armor boost. BTW, if you got Gruul to drop his shield....I hate you! That bastard has been dying weekly for like 6 months and we've never had one drop.
Lore
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 pm
I would be pretty surprised if they started a new arena season with no new gear.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Lore
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:44 pm
S2 gear was considered pretty overpowered when it was first released Razz

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see it on par with T6 drops. They did say they wanted to release at least one more 25-man before expansion.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Mortehl
Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:56 pm
I know S3 is coming. My plan is to save up 5k arena points now, then anything I earn after 5k I'll use on S2 gear. When S3 comes out, BOOM 2 piece T6 equiv PVP gear.
_________________
Hon
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:53 pm
I slap on all my KZ healing epics, respec 41/20 holy/prot (improved concentration aura ftw)

I only spec holy for about an hour or two to get the games done, im actually only used for about 4-5 games >.> then I respec prot and go about my merry way. My dailies cover my respec cost. Got my season 2 mace a couple weeks ago and now working on the shield, debating on if I should wait for season 3 shield...


/edit its best to do 3v3 or 5v5 to get alot of pts, you have to get a decent rating in 2v2 to earn good amount of pts
_________________
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.

Sunstrider
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:49 pm
I just stay prot and throw on healing gear, I'm on a small server and battlegroup but it was good enough in season 1 for my team to get 200+ wins and a 95% winning percentage and netherdrakes.

Have a steady team of main warlock, a rogue or ms warrior, a mage, and a priest with me. I play a strictly support role, doing more dispelling and supporting then healing which is very doable with a priest doing the bulk of the healing, what we bring in terms of support and BoP can help decide the match in the beginning which are when most matchs are pretty much decided. Only time I felt a tad weaker was during drag out matches when I would run very low on mana or in any 3v3 or 2v2 when I tried to main heal. Had 5k points saved up before season 2 hit, almost got 5k saved back for season 3. My current team is taking it easy and just doing our 10 matchs a week so I'm only getting 6-700 points a week but I only bought the season 2 mace. I have no interest in season 2 armor, the stats aren't a huge enough upgrade from season 1, and season 1 blows away season 2 in looks, crystalforge/season2 shoulders are limp compared to justicar/season1.
_________________
Ahael
Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:35 pm
I don't respec for arenas, I do them as prot Smile

My build is not the usual 49/12 build, but 41/10/10. I do 3v3 and 5v5 arenas only, "casually", to get arena points at somewhat steady rate. And yeah, I have the Season 2 mace too Smile

As our ratings aren't very high, we face all kinds of teams. And quite often, I end up "tanking" rogues and warriors Very Happy Especially when playing 5v5. It was so funny to watch three orc warriors charge me, leaving the other healer in our team free to heal in peace Wink So, when just playing for some points and fun, a tankadin can be quite a surprise for the other team Razz

I have like 512 spelldmg and only 804 healing in my makeshift arena gear, but I've found it to be leaps and bounds better for arenas than my real healing gear (that has too little stamina, resilience and armor).
Zonzede
Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:21 am
Once the Season 3 stuff is released and the mace is 2700 points....why not just arena another week or two for the better one?

Anyway, my mace took me 6 weeks of going Holy for an hour at a time. Darkspear isn't the ...ahem...solidest of servers for pve or pvp, but we did ok.
Now I'm just doing 10 a week on my 2v2 paired with our guild's warrior MT. Our team is called Tank and Spank, but we usually just go in wearing pirate costumes and singing sea shanties.
_________________
Xfire: Zonzede
MSN: Katita_the_hero@hotmail.com