Skip to content
Maintankadin

realistic DP uptime?

Equitas
Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 pm
There was no sanctuary nerf announced for us. Only a POSSIBLE change which has not been confirmed yet.
_________________
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
steadypal
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 pm
who has a feeling the 3% dr from bosanc and the 3% dr from DP glyph will not stack?

please oh please blizz,,, just remove bosanc with something more fun..., just make it a passive talent or something...,

wtb kings and bosanc effect when im the only pally PST
Spectrum
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:34 pm
I see it this way:

If the content is hard you'll be moving slow enough that it will recharge.

If the content is easy you'll be moving fast enough that you can keep refreshing it.

On bosses it will likely always be up unless there's some stupid mechanic where you don't hit something for 15 seconds, and even then the cooldown starts from when you cast it, not from when it drops off, so it will probably be back soon. (and if you're not hitting stuff it's not like you're using much mana, and you probably aren't taking that much either).

I'm happy. As long as it stacks with sanctuary, and if it doesn't, just means I always have kings.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
Niemen
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:45 pm
The worst case scenario would be a boss that switches between phase 1 and 2 randomly (making it impossible to time your DP casts) and stays unhittable for 15 seconds:

0 Seconds: DP is off cd, you activate it just when the boss enters Phase 2
15 Seconds: Phase 1, DP has ticked off but has given you 15 seconds of mana regeneration without any spent mana
60 Seconds: DP is off cd, you activate it just when the boss enters phase 2
75 Seconds:Phase 1, DP has ticked off but has given you 15 seconds of mana regeneration without any spent mana
...

In this worst case scenario of randomly "perfectly timed" phase switches, you get 15 Seconds of regeneration with divine plea and you have to use your full tps-Rotation for 45 Seconds. If SA is nerfed into the ground/removed, this could lead to mana problems, but it would be a "once in a 100 tries" thing and could be solved by using a mana potion or LOH. In my opinion, Mana burning bosses are more likely to appear and more likely to give us a headache than bosses that seriously mess with our ability to maintain a nearly 100% DP uptime.
Panzerdin
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:56 pm
I can't believe a boss would be given a mana burn, since that's just a method of fucking over a Paladin tank.

EDIT: I mean a mana burn targeted specifically at the tank.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
Tev
Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm
I say just change SA to have the mana regen on block/parry/dodge property of Sanctuary, Change Sanc to be 3% DR and 5% more healing received, and find something better for T1 prot that doesn't feel like were overspending points on.

Thats the way I would prefer it, but we'll see what happens.
_________________
Makaijin
Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Why do the devs have to complicate things by making a refreshing divine plea? They might as well just make a talent that applies a self only refreshment clone whenver you do a melee hit that returns the same amount of mana as DP.

I've always seen DP as a Innervate clone where you use it when you run dry from mana with your pots on cooldown, or something to use between pulls. I guess another reason for making keep DP up is to discourage healing ourselves even more with the -50% healing penalty.
_________________
Palmela
Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 pm
Anyone see this as a huge buff to holy? Imagine popping divine plea and with most holy specs 2/2 imp judge, judge every 8 seconds and this is always up, or down when you actually need the bigger heals. I understand the 50% loss in heals but were massive overhealers as it is and with DP up on all trivial fights this could be a buff.