Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.1 PTR Talent Tree

Shadowhamer
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:48 am
Right now I am running a 53/18 build..basically 5/5 conviction, and 3/3 in sanc seals. Working out so far. I have 2/2 in imp judge and 3/3 in HotC to round out the ret tree.

Once the PTR gets a bit more stable, (seems so after the patch last night) I can do some testing.
_________________
Evil does not fight fair, so nor do I

For he who dares !
Teloc
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 am
I'm thinking crusade over sanc seals, 3% more damage is more threat with an extra 3% on humanoids when doing pvp.
_________________
Serelynn
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:12 am
How many bosses in Ulduar will be humanoid, undead, demon or elemental? My gut feeling is we're going to see a lot of giants, mechanical constructs, and some unknowns (Old God minions).

Crusade really should be a passive 3% damage increase regardless of the target's type.
_________________
Twilight Vanquisher Serelynn - 80 Protection Paladin of Abaddon

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time." - tiny ghosts
Serelynn
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:35 am
Angry flowers? Like the ones the avatar of Freya creates? Those are listed as elemental at least: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29036

Edit: That's right, it is a 3% buff always, but still missing out on another 3% sucks when Naxx was so damn good for the talent. Oh well, 3 points for 3% damage is roughly what Blizzard wants for talents anyway. Smile
_________________
Twilight Vanquisher Serelynn - 80 Protection Paladin of Abaddon

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time." - tiny ghosts
sherck
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 am
As a raiding Healadin, I have to say that I am very underwhelmed about this talent for end game.

As many have said so far, it is not very often that the size of your heal makes a huge difference. My normal, non-crit FoL hits for right at 3300. Add 5% to that and it now hits for 3465 (a + 165 health per cast). That is RARELY going to make or break your heal.

And I am approaching 30% Haste with gear and Judgements of the Pure and my FoL cast time is down to 1.065 seconds so if ~ 3200 HPS is not enought o keep a tank up, it is time to bust out HL rather than try to make FoL a little larger.

However, without Sanctified Seals, my current crit rate for FoL (base rate + 5% for Holy Power + 5% for FoL glyph) is 37.39%.

I would MUCH rather increase my Crit chance by 8% (3% divided by 37.39% is an increase in my Crit by 8% relative. Not 8% pure, it is only 3% pure) rather than 5% amount healed.

Which, if I wanted to, I can still add the 3% crit AND get 2% more healed for the same 5 points I spend in Kings now....but I will probably instead use those 2 points somewhere else like Aura Mastery or reducing Curse duration via Pure of Heart or making my Cleanse spells cheaper because it appears that I am the ONLY ONE who has Cleanse linked to Healbot because on 2 runs of Heigan this week (10 and 25 man), I did over 80% of the Disease cleansing.

WTB a Ret Pally who can actually bother to Cleanse the boss' Disease off of himself....sigh....

Cheers,

[/list]
_________________
------
Thad, Current Toon = Blood Elf Pally Bloodprince on Altar of Storms
Shoju
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 am
They need to do something for the trees. Currently, I have a

0.5.55 ret build planned out and I can't get anymore DPS talents with 11 points left over. I can plug points into other stuff, but I was hoping that with the thinning of the ret tree I could get some more interesting options.

Right now, they just aren't there.
_________________
Sunetra
sherck
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:42 am
BTW, forgot to mention this but this talent will be great for leveling Paladins...if the effects stack.

You can a FoL on yourself and not only is it 5% larger BUT you also are healed for 5% more?

A 10% increase in self-healing will be very nice for a leveling Pally.

I am just underwhelmed by it for end-game for Holy and will probably not be taking it myself. But it is a Tier 1 talent so it should not game changing.

Cheers,
_________________
------
Thad, Current Toon = Blood Elf Pally Bloodprince on Altar of Storms
Splug
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 am
I can see +5% healing done/received as being fairly amazing for pvp, especially 2v2's. When you're looking at healing yourself through aimed shot, suddenly percentage healing increases look very appealing. With Divine Purpose shifting down a rank, the primary goal of 49/0/22 is pushed out of reach; while repentance builds will remain uneffected, I suspect we'll start seeing more holy/prot hybrids from teams who want to keep the 40 yard judgement.

For PvE... the talent's not exciting. It's a mediocre point sink for reaching deeper in prot if improved devotion is redundant, but it's still subpar compared to the retribution crit talents for holy (and meaningless for ret).

-Splug
_________________
Active raid character - death knight: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Spyte
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug