Skip to content
Maintankadin

Anyone else hoping we don't get a Last Stand ?

Radience
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 am
12/53/6 (with imp LoH) could be viable spec in 3.1 for gaining 1 cooldown against physical burst damage if it's needed in any encounters in Ulduar. It's giving up some threat compared to 0/53/18 spec, which probably gonna be new 5/60/6.
_________________
Levantine
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:30 am
If they were to make it non-leapfroggable, they would nerf the % to be akin to Will of the Necropolis.
_________________
Levantine: 80 Frost [27k HP, 27k Armor, 544 Def]
Anzen: 30 Elemental [Resto in the making]
Teneb
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:36 am
I'd much prefer a deep prot conversion of LoH to be a damage absorbtion effect for the next x seconds with a y cooldown. That would pretty much satisfy me without eating up more bar space which is scarce as is.
_________________

Sarkan-ZdC
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:08 am
Why hoping to not get Last Stand? Do we need it right now? No.
Do we need it in Ulduar? Depends. If Blizzard creates Encounters with high Burst on a timer? 3 Classes can do something, we don't. In that case I would like to have it.

Without the encounters we don't know if we need it or if it just something nice to have.

I would love to have more Oh-Shit Buttons. Why? More things to do if it is close is more fun for me..
Equitas
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:37 am
Warriors get shieldwall and Last stand on very little cooldowns.

We have bubblewall on a 2 min cooldown and a usless ability if the boss hits Very hard (like hodir) because it gets leapfrogged very often.

I hope Ardent defender gets changed to something will of the necropolis like. AND we get a last stand... that would be great..
_________________
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Jasari
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:39 am
I don't want Last Stand just because I'd like to stay as different from warriors as possible. I think AD should be left as it is too, it's extremely amazing against non-hard hitters and the problem so far is that all serious business bosses have been really hard hitters (blizzard admitted this was a problem). Some of the suggestions to LoH have been good, but honestly I think they're on the right track with the salv glyph, I just think the damage reduction part of it should be on a different glyph that doesn't risk our tanking so much. In another thread I suggested HoProtection - obviously removing the physical immunity if we cast it on ourselves. The "sacrifice" we'd be making is not having the CD available if we were to want to use it on a healer or DPS. The salv glyph might be fine as is, but we'll really have to see what more content is like in order to know for sure. As a Sarth MT it'd be great, as a Malygos MT it probably wouldn't.