Skip to content
Maintankadin

Another Guide to AOE Farming at Level 70

Neuron
Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:38 am
Alright guys, let's just forget about the drama, not the place for it. Skellis, sorry if I was rude, didn't mean to upset you. Tone is difficult to communicate through a forum post.

If someone has suggestions or can do something better, then by all means, go ahead! I would love to learn about better grinding places. Lately I sit around at night and search BC for places and am running out of ideas.
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.
Igrado
Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:01 pm
I wanted to offer a suggestion to everyon. AOE team farm with a Holy Paladin. There is probably one in your guild that would love to make money for his epic flyer or somesuch, and with the 2.3 SD buff to all healing gear, they can put out a LOT of damage.

Just below the 26+6 Demon Hunter Supplicant pull, they make the ramp of healers pull a piece of cake. They can gather up any mobs u miss, pop a couple heals on u on the way down, and then with both pallys consecrating, all 30-50(?) mobs are dead within 60 seconds of finishing the round-up. They are also very helpful for the pull above the 26+6 pull, as those mobs will debuff you so that you do 75% less SD, but your healer buddy will not recieve that debuff if he is not attacked. Having the Holy around makes this group also EZ-mode.

I normally just farm the 26+6 (sometimes the upper too) and then chat or afk and then do it again. I could be more aggresive, but I enjoy "relaxing" while I farm. But for variety, I like to team up with the Holy when he is around. I make more money that way, and we get to chat on vent.

Oh, I pop Wings on upper, he does on lower, and we just hold off on wings on the 26+6, as I can solo that anyways so there's no rush.

Just a suggetion that you might not have tried, it will benefit him, and it will give some variety to your grind.
Gothik
Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:36 pm
Awesome guide. I have a few questions :
(just keep in mind ta my main goal is instance farming, especially strat)

- Is tanking gear absolutely required or can you do this with spelldmg gear?

- How do you think a holy/prot spec would do? You think it is possible to do strat and all the other spots mentioned here with 40/21 for example? or do you need to go higher in prot?

Thank you in advance. I asked this because i dont have experience with prot (been holy since 5Cool and i would like to find a mixed spec that allows me to aoe while being able to heal abit.
Korendil
Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:49 pm
I am specced 47/14/0. In my AOE tanking gear, I have 12,187hp, 382 block value, 32.72% block, 447 defense, and 327 spell damage unbuffed. I use Tome of the Lightbringer for my libram. I'm not sure if the Libram of the Eternal Rest would be better, though.

The only spot I've tried farming is the BT supplicants. I don't have any problem tanking 23 of them at once and might even be able to handle 26. Although, at the end my health did get kind of low (2k). If I had waited to use my FotC later, it would have been better (6k overheal). Supplicants only hit me for around 70-300 damage, where 300 is a crit. There should be no problem farming places like Strat. And if there is, just pull smaller groups.
_________________
Tichondrius (US)

Thesupreme
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:09 am
Just a healthy advice when doing the supplicants. Target the one guy with mana, the initiate or something like that, after I've done the pull and start aoeing, before I pop wings I slam Hammer of Justice to prevent him from putting that debuff on you, the mob will go down super fast because you are parrying so many attacks(read: attack faster cause of parry).

And also, I pull from my flying mount, because if I accidently pull the elite I can just jump up and reset the pull.
_________________
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
PsiVen
Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:20 pm
Yes, just as much and for the same reasons. Any time you're talking about pulling huge amounts of mobs, you need to be taking ZERO damage from them most of the time, not just a little bit. Past level 30 or so this means you need tanking gear. Even being holy spec with tank gear in Strath slows you down significantly.
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...
Dorvan
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:19 pm
by the way, any chance of getting a higher quality version of that video uploaded to warcraftmovies or something?
_________________