I told my guild in straight, open terms that, hey, 2.01 is out. I'm never EVER going to spec Heal again.
I broke that promise at 66 and respec'd Holy for a Mana Tombs run. It was a horrendous nightmare for me, and I finished the instance feeling so drained it was unbearable. I actually hearthed out afterwards, respec'd, then went back and turned in the quests. And I spent a large amount of the time involved bitching loudly in guild chat too.
Now, I'm a bit unusual. The GM and I have been friends IRL for about 20 years now. I'm also the guild's main tank now, though I wasn't then obviously. Nobody would even think of asking me to heal, and on fights where it might seem logical - Maiden comes to mind - I usually tank it anyways because half the guild's forgotten what "wait for sunders" means.
Nevertheless, you need to set your GM down, ask him why you were asked to respec instead of bringing one of the other healers. Don't do it with any heat or with any kind of challenge; there may be a good reason for it. (Like, the others were problematic for some reason.) Then explain to him, as honestly as you can, that you will not respec again even in an emergency situation. You right now are at the point where you will stop playing your character completely if you're forced to choose between playing an alt and playing Holy. If your GM doesn't play a healer class at 70, he has zero experience with it and may very well think "healer burnout" is another term for "bored with the spec". You need to educate him on that and then ask what you can do to resolve any issues with the other healers that might've kept them from being taken in your place.
Whatever you do, don't go in assuming anti-tankadin feelings on his part. That's going to be the kiss of death, and frankly, there's a bit too much of the persecuted minority feeling amongst Tankadins these days - not to mention outright Warrior hate, but that's another issue. If you're good friends with the GM and he's usually in Group 1 and you're in Group 2, it might even be as simple as he wanted to run KZ with you again because it's been a while.
Your "Paladins should heal, end of" friend there should either be /gkicked or put on /ignore in-game and mute in vent. Announce it loudly that you are doing so because you are sick and tired of his blind prejudice against your preferred playstyle and in the interest of keeping the game fun for yourself are removing him as an irritant from your life. Then take him off Ignore/Mute to see what he says and find out if he's really that dense or just doesn't like you personally.
_________________







