Skip to content
Maintankadin

When do you use LoH?

Igrado
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:24 am
1) It's a judgement call with thousands of variables.
2) Usually you will only have 2 seconds to make that decision, meanwhile doing several other things.
3) You are human. You will make mistakes.
4) You are human. You can learn from your mistakes.
Ignus
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:33 am
you forgot the third option: never use lay on hands, because you forgot it existed, and everyone else in the guild has too >.>

I don't think I've casted lay on hands since lv 60, completely forget about it, I hate killing my mp, and never remember situations it could be useful in :/
_________________
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ilara
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:34 am
I dont only use the "Oh shit, I'm low on Health and not getting heals" thought.
I also take advantage of the fact it gives back a small amount of mana, which I use to throw up another holy shield, or consecration if it comes to absolute last resort time with mana.

No pots? Heals not fast enough or giving enough mana? shield down? that crushing is about to smack me one out to the graveyard from here? it's time for the red button :3!
_________________
Ilara / Protection Paladin / 70 / Barthilas
Comma
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:42 am
A boss kill cant rely on LoH at the first place. If you do need to rely on it, it means something was wrong with strategy / raid's execution on strategy.

I use it when my hp drops to "oh shit" lvl, I remmember to, healers are having hard time, and its not on CD....
_________________
Bubbleoseven
Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:42 am
i use LoH a ton in BG's, me being an upstanding horde and all i believe i should cause as much annoyance as possible to any alliance Very Happy and in the middle of eots when you have the flag to win a tight match, nothing is as satisfying as winning the game with LoH, you can just picture the other people smashing their faces on their keyboards Razz

on topic i don't think i've ever used it in tanking, cept the one time someone told me too Very Happy
cdan
Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:55 am
If I find myself surrounded by 3 or more enemies in a BG I will often bubble and then /dance with one of my attackers. Or blow them a kiss. Or something equally pointless. Not as if they aren't going to nuke my ass the minute the bubble has gone - but not without some effort on their part as I LoH and spam heals on myself.
Zhalseran
Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:56 am
In raiding I use LoH when I am low on health and don't foresee sufficient healing for whatever reason
In solo play I usually use LoH when I need some quick mana x_x
In PvP I use LoH when I feel like being a prick

bottom lines is LoH is an aid but not to be depended on.
_________________
Soltyr
Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:45 am
When I was speced Holy/Prot I did use of LoH quite often due the nice armor bonus and reduction c/d. (or simply I did remember I got that skill).

Coming back to Prot/ret spec, I use LoH just on my healer, if I see him OOM or near to, in a shit moment. Very rarely on me, 9/10 it's unnoticeable...
_________________
skellislayer
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:39 am
I use it when I'm low on mana on whoever needs a monster heal.

Vs Karathress the other night - I landed a 22k on a lock that had less then 100 HP left.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/onepullwonders

enbee
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:46 am
I don't bother with loh untill we're close to dropping a boss (-20% or so) and it will have a high chance of saving the kill if used (at this point in time I start keeping my gcd as free as possible if threat allows it)
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!