Skip to content
Maintankadin

Best alt for tankadin?

Pizbit
Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:40 pm
I am the expert on this matter(5 70s and counting).
Two easiest to level, hunter and warlock.
Most fun to level? Hrm... Shamans, Rogues and druids.

Assuming you want a dps class which can farm, and work well with your mage I'd choose a hybrid, either a druid or shaman. You can spec both dps, and both can heal your mage when she starts AoEing large packs of mobs.
_________________
Gracerath
Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:19 am
I wanted something mindless and easy. I chose hunter. (My old main before my paladin was a raiding rogue. After months of MC/BWL going stagnant with no real progress.. it was time for a change).

Even at low levels(just hit 44 yesterday), the only downtime I ever have is when I go back to a city to train skills/buy ammo. Its retarded and hunters are OP levelers. I have more food for my pet than I do for myself.

I deleted my 6th or 7th shaman to make the hunter. I just can't get past them low levels with one. They are too painful. I keep hearing "when you get windfury, the game changes!" and its true. I leveled up with a friend who was playing shaman and watching her kill shit in 3 or 4 whacks with windfury weapon was drool-worthy but man, I can't even get past level 15 before I want to dig my eyes out with my fingers.

I agree with the boomkin stuff. I know at "end game" they aren't really great dps but for leveling, its a lot of fun and different than what I was used to. I had a 60 feral druid just collecting dust after TBC came out and I hadn't been to outlands yet. I respec'd him Moonkin and started questing in HFP and it was great fun, Pewpewpew. Of course he's 64 and collecting dust again Razz
_________________
Claydon
Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:43 am
I am currently leveling a Warlock (62 atm)

I went with a lock because i was sick of getting wtfpwnd by them and wanted my revenge.

I remember hiding outside the hellfire fortifications on my pala, ready to run from anything. With my lock i just run right in, summon felhunter and wait Razz

From my experience locks are by far the easiest to level

I also have a 63 shammy on another server, that was fun, but only once you get WindFury.
_________________
Arbaris
Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:46 am
I have a level 51 fury warrior....got to love that dual wield!! I may make this my pvp toon; not sure yet.

I also have a priest that I'm leveling discipline/holy; and a moonkin druid (I was going to go with feral but changed my mind).
_________________
Arbaris - 70 - Lothar
Alliance (Human)
Windmasters (Guild)
Grimmal
Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:55 am
My favorite alts.

---
BM Hunter. Get a Owl after you put some points into MM and it is way to easy as your pet is constantly regaining focus.

Priest. Leveling up as Shadow, but I plan on being Holy at 58+. It's just so painful to level up non Shadow though imo. Nice thing is that you can still heal reasonably well as Shadow while leveling as long as you a little extra gear for it.
---

The end result is that I have a class for every role. Tank, Heal, DPS. Start to get worn out a bit on one, move to the next. Can't find a group for one, switch for the morning. So far it's working out nicely. I'm also mainly a 5 man group player which is why this works out for me so well.

I wanted to try a Shaman out as my healer, but I just can't stand to play him anymore. To much micromanaging I guess. Probably why I can't play my 70 lock anymore either. Though honestly that might also be because there are about 20 billion of them.
Gryfalia
Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:53 am
Welll..

I have a 70 Rogue..

and a 70 Priest

and a 67 Hunter

and 47 Mage

and a 38 PVP Warlock

and a 30ish horde priest

And I don't even play that much.

I spend most of my time these days on my hunter because I can afk farm Motes of Air to get a quick 400G a day while running my store..Wink
_________________

And more info I'm not smart enough to make pretty:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Gryfalia
Erutaron
Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:00 am
I have a couple 70's and numerous lower levels.

70 Shadow Priest that I am currently raiding with.
70 Rogue that used to be a 39 twink, I powerleveled to farm Mech with and he is mainly my PvP character
68 Prot Paladin that I am still leveling on off-raiding nights
34 Warlock that I am making into another 39 twink, just waiting to get my hands on his weapon.
31 Druid.. Collecting Dust
28 Hunter.. Collecting Dust until my paladin is finished
26 Mage.. Collecting Dust

I have lots of other characters on other servers that I don't play that often. Either going to be leveling my hunter next or possibly a shaman. I am not quite sure which.
Brute
Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:01 am
My favorite alt is my MS warrior that I pvp with. IMO, MS warriors have an offensive edge on ret paladins, and it saves me respec costs, too.
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Brute]
Inferno255
Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:17 am
I had a rogue alt with herb/alch, gave him epic mount first for easier herbing. I discovered prot pally grinding short after and I haven't herbed ever since.
_________________
Kyrael
Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:30 am
Although my tankadin is still only lvl 63, I'm no longer sure which of my characters I would classify as my "main"

I still raid on my shadowpriest, but I find more and more of my time gets devoted to my pala. Once he hits 70 and gets geared up, I want to raid with him as well.
My guild is very warrior and priest heavy, but all the warriors seem to want to go arms or fury, so I'll probably get a shot or two at Kara. Just have to make sure to not let them down Wink

For a third character, if time allows, I guess I should roll a healer... Not sure if I want a druid or a shammy, though.
_________________