Skip to content
Maintankadin

Welcome

Uthadanin
Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:44 am
Just thought I should say hello, found this forum and have never left. 41 prot pally, with an entire guild behind rolling me to 70 to play as a MT/OT.

Currently in <Dark Empire> on the Korialstrazz server.
Colette
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:30 pm
Hi everyone. I've been reading the forums here for a while and figured I'd sign up so I could take part in discussions.

My first love is the priest class. I currently have 2 level 70 priests (one holy, one shadow). Our guild has had an up-and-coming pally tank for a while, and he's now one of our main tanks. A couple of the guys from my guild regularly make alts and level each other up with them, so I was inspired to make a pally tank (the only role I can't fulfill with a priest).

So far it's been great fun, and running with knowledgeable people makes lower levels fun. We cleared deadmines at level 18 with no problem, and aoe'ed whole rooms at level 20 when I got consecrate.

Anyways, I can't wait to level nice and fast with the new patch and learn more about pally tanking. Thanks for a great forum!

My pally:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Colette
My priests:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Lenka
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Gadix
mandm413
Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:33 pm

Great forum

Thanks for creating this forum, I am looking forward to learning much.
_________________

Djouf
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:07 pm
I really love this site. Been playing a warrior tank for bout 2 years, then changed to a healadin with the coming of TBC...raided a lot...and got bored of it...Yes! Tanking is definitely addictive Laughing
Anyways, I was wondering what to do next and this site here made me choose to regear+respec (prolly best in that order Razz ).
So, the short text : keep it up!
Zaroua
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:06 am
Hi, Zaroua here.

Been playing Paladin on and off since release, since the good old days of tanking with Seal of Fury. I also have a fair amount of experience tanking as a Prot Warrior (Main Tank through MC-AQ40 and some off-tanking in the BC).

I'm hoping to help provide insight and help with theorycrafting on these boards.
_________________
70 Dwarf Paladin, Korgath
Thax
Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:14 pm
Greetings!
Finally got around to registering, been basking in the wonderful vault of knowledge this site has to offer.

Thanks for the resource!
Fenris
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:33 am
Hello everyone.
i have next to 0 ideas about what i should write as first post so i'll keep it short Very Happy
_________________
Taliserra
Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:20 am
Hi all, and wow nice to see such a cool forum.
I've been tanking as a pala since I hit 60 2 years ago pretty much, enjoyed OT duties in MC, BWL (got a ERB to prove it, only 3rd one guild got Smile ), AQ, and MT in MC, Naxx after having learnt to tank in Strat and Scholo. (As Holy spec, cos Holy shock was an awesome pulling tool back then)

Never been one for theorycraft tbh, mainly into playing it by feel, but glad to finally find a site with decent experienced players who can share ideas.
_________________
'Loyalty before all else, except honour'
70 Pala 0/49/12 Silvermoon EU
SAP_Pete
Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:46 am
We recently lost our MTadin, so I decided to start leveling a Pally as a future tank. Leveled a Warrior to 40ish, but I just wasn't feeling it.

My little Pally is just lvl 24, but I'll rush him up to 70 ASAP. In the meantime, I'll just hang around and learn from you guys.
_________________
- 70 Rogue Combat Swords (Raider)
- 70 Mage Deep Frost (PvP)
- little blue Pally that hopes to be a tank someday
Inspira
Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:05 am
Hey all, this forum seems like an awesome resource. Love you guys,

(Testing Sig.)
_________________
Manathor
Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:57 pm
Just thought I'd say hello and thanks for a fantastic resource, my first post here but I've been reading and learning for many weeks.
_________________
Quarm
Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:51 pm
Glad to be here also. Can't wait to catch up on all the reading.
_________________
Menali
Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:41 am
Thank you for this wonderfull resource been lurking for a while and the people here are allot more helpful and far nicer than the WOW Class Forums.
_________________
Bunneh
Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:45 am
As cliched as it is I'm going to say 'hi' as well - Hi!

Semi brief background if anyone is interested. A few months ago I started my Paladin, Muffs, named after a cat I had. She was just a side project and I never expected to even remotely contemplate tanking at some point.

Starting off as Retribution I slowly got to 40 and got my mount. A short time after hitting 40 I got a whisper from a former guild mate asking me why I wasn't Protection. It had never occured to me that Protection was a viable leveling spec. He gave me a link to a AoE video on Youtube; from that point onward I was sold on Protection spec.

Recently I hit 60, got my epic Paladin mount and then the whispers started, not the 'can you heal Ramparts please' but 'can you tank Ramparts please'. Then I realised....I hadn't tanked ANYTHING, nothing, nada, zilch...I had leveled up without ever touching an instance because quite frankly I'd never seen the need - Muffs was my get away from everything character. I haven't taken on a tanking job as yet, because I don't want to let them down, and I don't want to seem like an 'ebay' Paladin.

I did some digging about and started to see if I could build decent aggro on mobs the same level as me. I have the usual Prot talents, Righteous Fury, Imp RF, Blessing of Sanctuary plus other bits and bobs which you'll all know.

Off I trotted to Zangarmarsh and started my pulls with Avenger's Shield, as the target gets close I pop SoCrusader, judge the target, put SoC on myself and then drop Consecration, or as I lovingly call it, Puffball, then Holy Shield. Aggro generation is pretty impressive, hitting 3k in a few seconds (Omen).

Problem is I have absolutely no confidence, even knowing I can generate the threat I'm still concerned I'll screw up. I've tanked as a Warrior (MC/ZG/AQ20), I've tanked as a Druid (Kz, SSC, Gruul) - yes I like tanking, absolutely love it, being on the front line is just amazing.

So I dug about the interweb and found these forums. I'm hoping I can gain an insight into a class which started out as a side project, and hopefully build her into something to be loved and wanted by PuGs on my server.

Thank you for the forums, they're already making a difference.

I apologise for the wall of text.
_________________
Muffs - Protection - Shadowsong EU