Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pala and warrior t8...

Invisusira
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:17 am
Alright, now that I've had a chance to properly patch it up and see it without the helm, I am in love with T8 with the kilt. (There are texture files for both a kilt and pants in the data!)


If you would like to see it on your own character - on live servers - here is the patch I made.

Live T8 Patch
http://www.modenstudios.com/T8_patch.zip

What it does:
This patch will replace your paladin T1 OR paladin T2 graphics with paladin T8 graphics. The T1 pants will give you the T8 pants, while the T2 kilt will give you the T8 kilt. Please note that this is client-side and will only look this way to you.
Couple things to note on T2 - the T2 chest uses a universal texture, so females will looks exactly like males (aka with the stomach covered up). The T2 gloves also use a different model and look really small. If you want the proper female chest and/or the proper sized gloves - like in the screenshot - use T1.
If you're missing some T1/T2, you can always use AtlasLoot to take a peek. You can use the lesser-know fantastic addon Closeup to zoom in on/freely rotate/move around your character in the Dressing Room window.

How to use it:
Unzip the file. Place "patch-T.MPQ" into your /World of Warcraft/Data directory.
To uninstall it, just take patch-T.MPQ back out of the Data directory.
That's it!

Disclaimer:
This patch changes textures. Blizzard has never taken an official stance on texture changing, but it is generally believed that they frown upon it. I have never heard of anyone's account getting banned for texture changing, but I'm just throwing it out there - I don't recommend you run the patch 24/7. If a WoW error pops up, don't click "Send to Blizzard" in the Error Reporter.

Edit: Oh, and for Ilara:

(lawl at helm, of course)
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
Orms
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:51 am
The paladin set looks awesome for the first time since teir 2 (and T6 wasnt bad)
Zironic
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:54 am
Thanks for confirming that I'll never, ever be found showing that helm graphic.
_________________
blueblood
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:44 am


Dwarf powah :>
amh
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:01 pm
After seeing this set live.. I can't wait o.O

Thanks for the patch, Invisusira.


For all the dwarf-lovers, rejoice. This set is fucking epic. Too many pictures to insert them here, but links for those interested:

Dressing room:
Front, armed
Front, unarmed
Back, unarmed
Front, shield-view
Front, weapon-view

Live pics (missing some pieces to get the full look):
Front, combat
Back, combat

.. or just the entire album: http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq123/amh_bucket/Tier%208/

:)
_________________
Paladin
Deathnugget
A priest called Beer
Sharkdog
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:10 pm
I liked the set when I first saw it, and I'm loving it more and more, the more I see it on other characters than a human male.

Though, are we even sure yet that we'll be wearing the white version as prot pallies?
_________________
Trebeck
Protection Paladin
Hellfire-EU

"Fighting all the evil forces, bringing peace and justice to all!"
KysenMurrin
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:21 pm
That helm looks good on a Dwarf, surprisingly.
_________________
Sharkdog
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:42 pm
Shoulders look normal on the Blood Elf.
Their posture has them standing with one shoulder a bit more forward than the other, which is evident when you wear T7, the 'wings' poking out aren't aligned because of their posture.
_________________
Trebeck
Protection Paladin
Hellfire-EU

"Fighting all the evil forces, bringing peace and justice to all!"
Ilara
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:34 pm
Invis, I love you.
_________________
Ilara Alliance / Caelestrasz