Skip to content
Maintankadin

Post Your Successes!

Nooska
Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:53 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

and mor eimportantly, the earning time of the gold to buy a subscription would go too low.

Since it is a closed economy though, it will reach an equilibrium where enough people want to buy gametime for gold (time invested), and where people will be willing to buy gold at the dollar/euro price (which is the unpredictable value - income and expenditures vary greatly over the regions - especially in europe (I can see people from, probably especially the southern parts (say greece for instance) buy gametime with gold, and people from the northern parts keep a subscription and feed the auction house to gain gold).

Then of course ther eare all those multi billionaires in gold that can just decide to never pay another dollar/euro for gametime.
Era
Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:19 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Think goldseller sites will start dealing subscriptions too? Sell you the gold to buy a token for less than the cost of 1 month subscription.
Blizzard giving away their monopoly on the subscription to their own game is a little ... interesting.
KysenMurrin
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

If a gold seller starts undercutting Blizzard in that way, gold buyers will stop buying WoW Tokens in favour of just buying gold again. Supply will drop, the gold value of Tokens will rise, and suddenly the gold sellers won't have a good price any more.

It won't stop gold selling entirely, but it'll a) put a big dent in it, and b) put a lot of money directly in Blizzard's hands.
Era
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:43 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Fair enough. Do you think we'll notice the results of this new influx of cash in some way? Or will it just rain into the coffers, to be dispersed among their various projects?
I'd love to see some kind of "This WoW token earned us a lot of cash, so here's what we're gonna do with it!"
Njall
Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:34 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

If a project is a money earner, it gets more effort and attention. WoW has been providing less and less $ over the years. This hopefully will provide more love. The value for investment for things like Hearthstone and HotS is really skewed... just like mobile games. Relatively cheap to make and even a small revenue stream can be a disproportionate return on the investment. MMOs are a massive investment and the return isn't what it used to be - or there are things that provide better returns. Economics. I think you speak it.
Njall
Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:00 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Speaking of projects... my parents just called and ordered me to send them the estimate from the plumber for the downstairs bathroom. They intend to pay it. I am told that they intend to be giving various gifts like this to their children as it will bypass estate taxes and probate. I have somewhat mixed feelings about this but I suppose I come by my smarts and sense of humor honestly. And I don't think I can turn down a 5K gift when it is put in that light.
Nooska
Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

As a socialist, I actually don't mind that sort of giftgiving, because it exactly puts the money into circulation rather than accrue in coffers (the big coffers actually stop equality, not just because some people are rich, but because the economy isn't working on all pistons, so the rest have to work 'harder' to make up for it).
Skye1013
Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

I've got my code to unlock Mewtwo in SSB4. Can't wait to get home and (hopefully) try it out!
djlar
Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

9/10 Heroic BRF on Hunter, with a cherry on top, the bow from Blast Furnace dropped! and nobody else needed it (lost the gun from Maidens a few minutes earlier).

This was Tuesday night, with a new guild, I think my try-out went well...

Last night I pugged with my resto Shammy, bit lower on gear but healers are in high demand, we did 8/10 H BRF, a couple of upgrades, not as lucky in the seal dept (6 seals, 1 loot), but getting closer to that AOTC achieve..

Tonight we are tackling H Blackhand, with recent nerf it should be a bit easier..
Shamora
Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Goin to Blizzcon for the third year in a row! \o/
Jabari
Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

1) Picked up the mount from Rag! Still need the one from Alysrazor, but now I can just go directly to her instead of clearing out the whole place from now on.

2) Raiding with Leashes 3 done as well. Mu'ru was very very stingy - got all 3 from Reliquary in BT before one from Mu'ru somehow.

3) Sub extended through the end of the year. Thanks to the generous people buying gold so I actually have something useful to do with the hoard I'd built up. :)


Question: Starting to go after the Elegon mount. I can solo it on my Hunter, but I haven't been able to get past Spirit Kings with anyone else (Pinning Arrows). Is that impossible or is there something I'm missing?
Njall
Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:28 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

This week. Ashes of A'lar dropped AND Baron dropped the Left Bracer. Njall now has that stupid but incredibly awesomelooking sword. A pity Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker is so damned long it clips the ground when a dwarf has it on his back.
djlar
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Did H Blackhand on Monday just before reset, a PuG! 'cause I wasn't invited to the guild run (more on that on the frustrations thread)

Anyway used my very last seal and it procced the Tier, so I'm finally 4/4 685 tier!

Later I went for Heroic Imperator and one shotted it... new title earned!
Fetzie
Sun May 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Image

Fun Diablo times :D
Worldie
Sun May 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

fiftytwo? Last time I've done a rift over 40 pretty much everything just 1shot me with 30kk thoughness, I have no clue how you can even finish that rift.
valura
Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

One month after the issue with loot council, things have resolved. Had a very nice chat with RL and GM. I vented my concerns, he explained the decisions made, we both recongnized each other's points, and agreed to keep working on it.

The guild has since then scaled down a bit, and the 9-12 raid team has managed to clear 6/10 BRF HC in one raid night (+/- 2.5 hrs) last lockout, and this lockout we're 7/10. :D

To top this off, we're doing this with a Pug that occasionally joins and 2 (undergeared) trials, and I have noticed that the trials are being considered more for loot by the RC.

Frustration and 'told-ya-so-moment'; The WW Monk that got "my loot" (as mentioned in the thread above), has since stopped raiding due to personal reasons... He was applying for a better job 200 miles from where he lives, and he knew he would have to quit raiding if he got it... but he never actually thought of mentioning that to anyone before he actually got it, bailing out with "got a new job, can't raid anymore, thanks and good luck guys"...
Torquemada
Fri May 08, 2015 4:47 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Heroic Blackhand dead. Woot. And by all accounts I didn't suck too badly.
Nooska
Sat May 09, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Oh yeah, we did that on tuesday too. Rest of guild cleared 9/10 hc with everyone (and alts apparently) on thursday, so we are going mythic brf on sunday. Oregorger, then beastlord, then hans & frans and then gruul and possibly thogar they say. They have .. hiiigh hopes... lets see if we get past hans and frans (just to stay optimistic ;))
Nooska
Sun May 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Got our new computers up and running today (and transferred).

Wow, it was eerie playing wow and being able to hear my mount run, and not being able to hear my computer running (went from ~50-60 dB to well.. practically inaudible - okay, almost all of the components only spin up under load)

(minor annoyance, it seems everything is slightly.. bigger (on screen) on the new install than on the old one...)
djlar
Mon May 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Yeah, when you can hear your computer's fans over the game noise is really annoying, congrats on the new setup!

In success news, I finally got the i685 main hand for my rogue, that took 4 seals this week! constantly doing Hans and Franz, sweet moment when it procced "loot" and it was the weapon.

Hunter got the mythic warforged socketed pants on mission! didn't break tier so full on upgrade. Although the rogue got mythic chest piece that did break tier and the 2 stats were not in spec.

I guess It's time to hunt for that missing tier to replace it.
Nooska
Tue May 12, 2015 1:23 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

that reminds me I have to log in to check my mythic BRF mission :)
Njall
Thu May 14, 2015 4:20 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

900 Elemental whatsisis. Garona reslaved to me. Watched cut scene. Done with the Ring for now. Done with LFR for now.
Era
Sat May 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Norwegian constitutional day. Yay etc!

Image
Ironshield
Tue May 19, 2015 7:35 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Just had a really fun Hearthstone win, I was playing my free to play kind of zoo lock deck versus what I assume was a face hunter. Early on my Shredder had dropped an armoursmith that got freezing trapped. She was back down I was on two health and the opponent dropped Dr Boom. I implosioned Dr B and got 4 imps, then I argus'ed two of the imps and soulfired the rest of Dr. Boom down. He tried to get through the taunts with the bomb bots which gave me four armour and dropped a Belcher. in the next couple moves I Belchered myself and killed ran a bunch of imps with a dark iron into through the belcher and then dropped Infernoooo to get a ton more armour before my own Boom came out. In the end he conceded when I had more armour than he had had health when the Armoursmith went down. Moral of the story, kill the armoursmith ;)
Njall
Wed May 20, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Got an Etherial Soul-Trader for 15K. Already leveled to 25. Damn, he's a creepy little thing.