Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Critique please!] :: An Officers guide to Tankadins

Igrado
Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:32 am
updated after grammar check 1.
_________________

"And were I e'en to die, the cursed enemy would not tear his gaze from me for fear that I should rise back up."
Cames
Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:00 am
Avenger's Shield was changed to a snare effect not a daze.

Darkshadow201068
Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:14 pm
Not a huge issue, but where you mention how much damage retribution aura and blessing of sanctuary deal, your wording implies sanctuary's damage is dealt when struck. IIRC, it is dealt when you block.

Now about the guide, I think adding short examples to each of our strengths (and maybe weaknesses) would be a good idea. Having a long guide is fine as long as it is informative.

Something I would add is that because of our frontloaded threat, you will clear through trash more quickly if you dps the paladin's target straight off, giving your warrior time to build threat.
Aurica
Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:13 am
fantastic guide
_________________
Igrado
Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:15 am
Darkshadow201068 Thank you for your suggestions, I'm still considering how to integrate them. Having a hard time sorting out exactly how to do it at the moment but I will focus on it during lunch. Unfortunately I'm being payed at the moment and have to flip back to work fairly regularly Razz

Added:
Igrado
Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:25 am
Darkshadow201068 Fixed the BoS to say "upon block". Also, under strengths, our Fast Threat is fairly well covered. Updated

Still considering whether to integrate examples or perhaps put them in a follow-up post. In other words, one post to cover basic abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and another to cover some examples of the application of the aforementioned factors.
_________________

"And were I e'en to die, the cursed enemy would not tear his gaze from me for fear that I should rise back up."
Ocin
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:08 am
"Please emphasize we want to be hit. Most of our threat comes from blocking. Many rogues/warriors/hunter inappropriately stun or disorient,etc the mob preventing us from threat generation."

this should be placed next to the maintankadin logo up top...lol. i don't know how many times i've been pulling a mob away from a sheep in order to safely consecrate, only to find myself running back to grab the stunned mob.


great guide btw....grats
_________________
Ocin

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Ocin
Igrado
Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:03 am
Almost complete. I am writing a preface tonight when I get home.
I will create an "examples" slot also, but will leave it blank until I have time to prepare and organize it properly; that will be my "project" for the upcoming week. I'll go into more details about that later; for now, I want to get this core part finished properly.

I'm still looking for some title suggestions. A long title can be a problem as I want the guide to easily transfer to all guild (and yes, possibly WOW) forums. Perhaps a boring title so its easy to find, with the "unique" title being used as a subtitle and just being the first line of the actual post.

"Boring" title ideas so far include...
An Officers Guide to the Tankadin
An Officers Guide to Paladin Tanks

"Unique" title ideas include
We(I) just recruited a Tankadin, help!
We(I) just recruited a Tankadin, now what?
My Best Friend's a Tankadin.
_________________

"And were I e'en to die, the cursed enemy would not tear his gaze from me for fear that I should rise back up."