Barathorn wrote:I can see why we disagree on Karazhan Ulushnar, you raided in vanilla and I didn't so perhaps I was wearing rose tinted glasses as Karzhan was my first raid? ...
I like where Paladins are now, but I don't enjoy the content that I have seen so far as much as I did the content in TBC. Are you saying you do enjoy WotLK content Ulushnar?
I think not having done a lot fo raiding or l60 dungeoning in Vanilla will lead to a very different opinion, yes. I wasn't a paladin then, but my cat and I raided quite a bit in vanilla. UBRS is a fantastic comparison to Karazhan: very trash-ful. Similarly, Stratholme took /forever/. The TBC 5-mans were, as Ulu said, as breath of fresh air by comparison: One path, few trash (relatively), easy exit. It rarely took more than an hour. By comparison, running UBRS (for most people at the time) was basically an entire evening, or the bulk of it.
I like the Wrath instances, too. I adore the architecture and cavern-feeling of the spider instances, love going back to roffle-stomp Stratholme (partly out of revenge

), etc. They don't have as much in-instance lore, usually, as the Vanilla ones sometimes seemed to ... but on the other hand, they're fast, and well connected to zone lore. I'm OK with that tradeoff.
In TBC ... I liked some of them a smidge more than the current ones, but some I liked less. Lore-wise, I like them about the same, so it comes down to the Fun Factor ... and I admit, not having to CC things is more fun for me.. perhaps because in Vanilla, if you didn't have a mage and a rogue for
every other trash pull, and a hunter to kite or trap or both, your raid was an exercise in frustration. It was fun, as a hunter, to need to do that, but sometimes it was tedious... and sometimes you just want to pew-pew like everyone else. I like having CC saved for emrgencies, rather than a regular "let's sheep this ..." every pull.
I rolled a paladin mid-TBC, so I don't really have an Underdog shine to the class - I started liking to AOE stuff, and grew into loving that I get to Win the TPS meters.

(And, all the other fun tanking stuff.)