Skip to content
Maintankadin

Welcome

Heracles
Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:19 am
Ahhhh... it IS that Barathorn! LOL! I did wonder.
_________________
Aliskander
Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:41 am
Hello!

I don't think I have a whole lot in the way of original things to say, but I enjoy the hell out of tanking as my prot-paladin, and so I thought I'd register!

Anyway, I really like the idea of this site (and can I say the shirts look badass? because they do), and I look forward to reading what everyone has to say.

I'm Aliskander of Doomhammer, and I'll probably do a lot of lurking Very Happy
_________________
My Level (70)
My Spec (Prot, duh)

Of Squirrel Legion of Doomhammer
Syrdeth
Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:29 am
Hey, guys.

Long time lurker, finally made an account. Love the forums. They have been a GREAT help for gear, specs and general tips.

Thanks for the site and all the great posts!
_________________


Prot Pally for life!
Chaelis
Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:44 pm
Hey!
New to 70 with my Paladin, who I've decided to stick to prot with. Just stumbled on this site a bit ago and after browsing some figured I'd register Smile
twilytgardnfaery
Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:03 pm
Just wanted to heap some gratitude now that I've finally registered. Loooooong time reader; ever since my prot pally hit 70 (yes, levelled prot and all. Ret and I didn't get along), this place has been the first place I look for, well, pretty much everything. Trying to get uncrushable heading into my first Kara all the way through now trying to regear with 3.0, I have looked and I have found.

So hello! You're all wonderful and I'm the quiet one in the back taking copious notes. Very Happy

For now, anyway.
_________________

Balsagoth
Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 am
Hi all, Im balsagoth a belf prot paladin on hakkar
Ismet
Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 am
Hi

i am another long tyme lurker. Actually i read Gestalts old Tankadinguide before i restarted WoW in BC (Summer 07), and have been lvling and playing prot since that.
_________________
Nagoyah
Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:49 am
Just thought I would say hello and thanks for the great site, been playing wow since 2005 and this is the first time I have rolled a pala, leveling up as prot as I thought I may as well learn how to tank from the start Smile
_________________
[img]http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Darkspear/338952.jpg
[/img]

Tribute to late George Carlin
"I would like to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming like the rest of the people in the car."
catherdrah
Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 am
hi gang.

some of you who frequented the wow paladin forums in the summer of 07 may recognise me... part of the prot morning crew (hi joanadark)

i met a nice fellow in the line up for wolk who pointed me to the site. i'd given up looking to sources at work as they were all blocked.

silly me.

i feel like i've come back to the fold. cheers.

_________________
Ayka
Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 am
Long Time Troller, First Time Poster.

My name is Ayka, I've played a Paladin almost exclusively since Open Beta way way back in October of 2004. I rolled a Dwarf Paladin in November (for the Release) of 2004, and have played the class ever since.

I remember the days that Paladins in End-Game Raiding didn't have a choice between Healing, Tanking or DPSing. I've taken my Dwarf through Naxxramas Pre-BC, and every single piece of content leading to it. Some Server First kills, 40-Hour Raid Weeks, the Standard.

I then rolled my Current Paladin (Extravagant, soon to be Renamed to Ayka) on Black Dragonflight - Horde. I play on Casual Terms now, although She is currently Level 80, and I'm gearing up to tank Naxxramas this time around, and I'm pretty excited about it. Its nice to see things from Multiple PoV's, and I healed it last time we entered the Zone.

I'd like to think over the many, many years I've played Paladin, I can help add some Insight into the forums here. I helped establish DPS Paladins on my Original Server in Naxx, and was one of the first on the server who Was Protection to Tank Kara when it first released. I was even Protection in-between Raids Pre-BC, and even during the days that the end of the Protection Tree was BoK.

I've played Ret for Leveling, Prot for Raiding, and Holy for Raiding over the past 4 Years.

I don't consider myself a Theorycrafter, I prefer the Tried and True method of "Did that work? No? Try something different." I enjoy learning new fights (which, I hope that my Guild Picks up Naxx easily...), and developing Strategy.

I hope that I provide something to help each of the people on this forum over the course of time.

Thanks!
-Ayka
70 Dwarf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Paladin.
Kelarik
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm
Hello fellow wielders of the light!

Name's Kelarik, originally a hater of Paladins (or so I thought) but then I found out I just hated Retribution, and actually loved Protection.

Since then, I've deleted my Paladin, Kelarin, and remade Kelarik (former being female Blood Elf, latter being male), because I couldn't put a female in front of big scary bosses (chivalry isn't dead!). He quickly became my favourite and when he hit 70 took 'Main' status from my Rogue. Hit 80 tonight, and looking forward to 5-mans, heroics, and eventually Arthas.

Look forward to getting involved with the community, and contributing some little bit.


- Kelarik, 80 Blood Elf Paladin, Pure-Blood Protection from Day 1.
_________________
Veilan
Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:11 pm
Oh, a hullo-thread.

Started tankadin as part of a paladin-trio with two friends, replaced my main which was 66 at that point and overtook her to 70, so here I am!

I hail from an RP realm, so I scoff snobbily at all of you that have unimmersive names Wink.
This also means my paladin grew up as a farmer's daughter in Westfall until she felt the light call her, turning her militia service into squire- and eventually knighthood. As for the penchant to go protection, hard work and sacrifice are bred into the hardy people of Westfall, and y'know what they say... the hair of the maidens of Westfall is as fair the golden barley, and their heads seem to be stuffed with the same Very Happy.



In general, so far I'm positively impressed by the lack of flaming, and the attitude of helpfulness when dealing with questions on these boards. I'll be sure to lurk, annoy with questions, and rear my head from time to time.

Cheers,
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Drobent
Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 am
O hai, I iz soljur lol.



Joking.


Hello everyone :3
Magatris
Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:35 am
Name's Mag. I have enjoyed lurkering in the backgroudn around here for a long while now. Been pally tanking since the first day of BC and loving every minute of it. Thanks for all the awesome information on this forum. Smile Mebbe I can add some to it soon enough.
_________________