Skip to content
Maintankadin

Post Your Successes!

Kasavier
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 pm
I got my shiny pink mace from Hyjal today for FREE. We were having to bring in friends since we wouldn't fill our own raid from the guild, which is a story that goes in the frustrations thread, so we were rolling for loot instead of doing DKP. I'm exalted with Scale of the Sands and this is only the second time I've seen it drop, so I'm pretty excited. Very Happy
_________________
Andurin
Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:10 pm
Tanked Prince and Maiden and lived to tell the tale! Very Happy

But my biggest succes would be that my guild leader is getting faith in pally tanks... It took a while but its working Very Happy

Edit: Next succes is gonna be me tanking Curator and Nightbane I think... Then I should be done, except for the animal boss that we always skip Rolling Eyes
_________________
Andurin - Tankadin Emerald Dream EU

Tonked: Kara: 11/11 Other Raids: 0/rest of the game
Kyrael
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:48 am
Even with summer and people on holidays, we got our first kill for RoS two weeks ago, Bloodboil last week, and Mother Sharaz last night, with two raid days left to try Council. I'm liking this progress.

T6 shoulders were mine yesterday, making me a happy bunny Very Happy

Also, they gave me a shammy for Teron this time, for WoA...
At the end of the fight I was on 245k threat, while our highest threat dps (a hunter) was on 188k, second highest around the 150k mark. I wonder what I could do if they let me have our Retri, too Wink
_________________

Rhiannon
Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:12 am
Naj'Entus dropped his boots for me last night on our third kill, Akama dropped his bracers on our second Very Happy.

And went and soloed Garr for the first time as well.
_________________
Cynnammon
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 am
progression kills of eagle and lynx friday night with minimal wipes. and this is after wipe after wipe on eagle over the past few weeks because people refused to listen to me over vent "move in, move in, MOVE IN!"

they listened friday night Laughing
_________________
Aldonza
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:39 am
I know this is small potatoes, but it was my biggest accomplishment to date.

I ran Old Hillsbrad for the first time yesterday. I ended up going twice, and tanking both times.

The first time through we were having a beautiful run - up until the dragons and Epoch Hunter. I struggled alot with them, and we ended up having a party wipe at 10% to Epoch Hunter, but thanks to Thrall's mighty abilities - we "defeated" the dragon and completed the quest.

The second time through was a bit rougher. We had a bit of problems with the Wardens and fear - and then replacing the rogue who had to bail after the first boss. We actually ended up with a resto druid who DPS'ed and tossed some heals as needed. We got to Epoch Hunter again, and this time, it went so much better. I ended up keeping control over Epoch Hunter, and we downed him without any problems this time. It was much better.

I'm debating what instance to go to next. I'm not sure if Sethekk Halls or Black Morass would be better to test myself at.
_________________

Aldonza
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:41 am
Oh I know. I spent both fights paying more attention to whether or not RF was dispelled than anything else. Second time I was able to keep it up much better.
_________________

Aldonza
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:44 am
Mmmm... nope.

No Viagara needed here. Very Happy
_________________

Cynnammon
Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:19 am
FotC finally dropped...been farming it since at least december, heading into both normal and heroic SHalls at least twice a week.

that thing is never leaving my inventory.
_________________
Falkman
Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:32 am
Been playing my shaman a bit lately, and started saving up some mats to make some primal mights.
So today, transmute mastery procs and I get 4 primal mights, enough so I can get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23554 made Very Happy

After that I get into a group for heroic SP, and lo and behold, Quagmirran drops both http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32078 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27683, the two things I needed in there.

So today I've boosted my shammys spell damage with over 100 Smile
_________________
Barbossa, lvl 70 human tankadin - Thunderhorn EU