Skip to content
Maintankadin

I recommend the Nostromo n52 Speedpad

Sparti
Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:35 am
Mine just got here; I don't know how used to this I'm going to get, it feels a little strange on my hand and it slips around on my desk a little, but I think that may just be my strong aversion to change and keybindings talking. If this stops me from becoming a clicker though, great. I'm going to be tanking heroic sethekk, heroic mech, and probably heroic ramps with it tonight, so I'll let you all know how it goes.
_________________
Garov
Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:47 am
Anyone know how to move the "adjustable pad". It feels like it can move, but I don't want to risk breaking it Shocked

Haven't set this all up yet, I just got it yesterday. But MmmMMMM, the possibilities that pop in my head for keybindings are awesome.
_________________
Guillex
Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:48 am
<--- Sticks with his Logitech G15. Smile
_________________
Official thread killer

Tats
Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:59 am
just learn how to use modifiers in your macros, and you dont need new fangled hand pads. ;P
_________________


Sparti
Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:17 am
I'm liking this thing so far. Response time on taunt has gone up a LOT - I'm normally a clicker with that one. I don't really make it a habit of losing aggro, so it isn't always on the most accessible button. I'm still getting used to the extra amount of pressure required on the keys over my normal keyboard, and i could do with some more adjustment options and maybe being able to bind key combinations to the buttons on the pad, but otherwise I've not got much of a complaint. Considering the price this was a great investment.
_________________
Nidal
Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:54 am
You can pull the hand pad straight up IIRC.

And you can still use modifier macros and bind them to the Nost keys. I set the big red button to alt and just use that for my alt macro's.

The speed/reaction time improvement is what the Nost is all about. Having so many buttons so easily accessible under one hand is great. Once you have it down to muscle memory your ability use becomes really fluid.

I bind tab to the thumb pad, and have my bubble, two heals and cleanse on the dpad.

Then on the number pad I have all my most used abilities. I have space bar on the push wheel and auto run on wheel forward.

It is even better on my Druid, makes switching between forms and abilities so fluid it is amazing. I couldn't imagine trying to pvp effectively without it.
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/
Snake-Aes
Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:28 am
Cool \o/
I'll struggle so much to learn it, lol..hopeI get something nice to work with. How's the pad movement?
_________________
Garov
Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:43 am
So odd story:
I got this the other night and played around with it while leading a Kara raid. Yeah..not the best time for the first test drive. Lots of stupid little deaths. So anyway I messed around with it on some alts and felt sort of comfortable with it. Sunday (christmas eve eve) I'm chopping veggies and the knife slips. Hospital visit and 3 stitches later I'm sitting with about half an inch of gauze around my left index finger and people are wanting me to finish off the same kara. If I didn't have the pad there was no way I could have pulled it off. Trying to use my left hand on the keyboard was way too cumbersome with a sensitive finger and all that bandaging. With the gamepad I wasn't fat fingering anything and it worked out pretty smooth, besides the afk's to go find some pain pills.
_________________