Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is the epic flyer really worth 5,000g?

Amirya
Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:43 pm
Eh, I did the FP thing. I was doing other stuff.

I can relate the paths I took on Alli side ('cause my Horde hunter is....12)
_________________

11/11 Karazhan; 2/2 Gruul's Lair; 1/1 Magtheridon's Lair; 4/6 Zul'Aman; 1/4 TK; 1/6 SSC
Mozen
Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:46 pm
Yep, there's only two dailies in Skettis. I mostly only do the bombing run. The prisoner has three spawns, one east of the lake, one west, and one deep south. It's a pain to try and find the prisoner before someone else takes him, when you don't have an epic flyer.

Banish More Demons is only available after Honored, I think. As for Shartuul, I just ignore that quest. I do the rune turn-ins for rep, though. Every little bit helps.

Oh and I drop down to the ogre camps below for some treasure hunting, too. Lots of potions, then some ore and herbs to sell on the AH. Chests have fixed spawn points, and those orgres become neutral once you open up the Ogri'la dailies, so it's worth it to make small detours to pick them up.

The cooking and fishing dailies are also good income for little effort. Not many people have 375 fishing, though, it seems.

And yes, once you go epic, you don't look back. Laughing
Spotnick
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 pm
All I can say is that I'm cursing each time I play my lock because I don't have it while I have it on my pally.
mavfin
Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:05 pm
A) If you gather (herb/mine/clouds) it's worth it. Get the mount and it will pay for itself.

B) A friend of mine told me this, and I have to agree. "At 77, when you get cold weather flying, what will you have left of your BC stuff? (unless you're in T6) Your mounts."

I only have the skill on my 2 mains (Horde/Alliance), but I'll use 80 dailies to fix that on my other (2, soon to be 4) 70s pretty quick. Got the gold saved up to pay for CWF on all of them easily.
_________________
--Mav
Ilara
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:24 pm
siigh... spose I better save for mine too. What have we left, just over three weeks til release..? Having multiple toons would be good for easy cash. I only have Ilara.

The fight is on!
_________________
Ilara Horde RETIRED
Ilara Alliance / Caelestrasz
Other
Zephyruss / Druid / 56 / Caelestrasz

A good tank is one that can acknowledge their limitations. A great tank is one that can properly use the tools at hand to overcome them.
Grimmal
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:28 pm
The amount of money I made before my first epic flyer compared to the amount after my first epic flyer wasn't even close. It's worth it if you have any gathering profession for sure.
adacus79
Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:49 am
pop crusader aura tell your buddie to get on the flight path and manually follow him and listen to him qq. good times Cool