Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Taunt" as part of your threat rotation

Heironeous
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:09 pm
Dont feel bad, Min. I cant help but yank aggro in Naxx off a good friend of mine when we run the Heroic. He's a really good tank, was the MT in my pre-bc guild and we've been friends for ages (warrior). However I have to auto-attack or I pull agg on several bosses he MTs.

He's a good sport, though. He laughs and posts damage meters in the party chat and tells me Paladins are OP. Course he understands I will stray-crit a shield slam for 10k+ sometimes. Just tell your pal, maybe when he sees you do crit a shield slam out the box for 12k he'll lighten up a little.
_________________


EARN IT!!
Conaan!
Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:03 pm
Chatframe1 is depicting the first chat frame, main window that is standard, you want to be changing channel, not chat frames
_________________
Fayia
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:25 am
Okay, so the ChatFrame command basically is why it is only send to "self"

Had a look at the wowikki site...I think I am just not cut for coding, hehe
_________________
Annabelle
Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 pm
One of the warrior tanks in my guild has taunt in his rotation....I asked why, he says it produces threat.....I /facepalm on my side of vent and never ask him about why he does what he does.

What if he actually needs to use taunt ? try mockin blow ? a 1min cooldown ?

sigh
_________________

Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Stokely
Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:56 pm
I'd really rather have my taunt ready at all times than work/macro it into a rotation for such a small gain in tps. Like others have said you are creating a very real oppertunity for disaster when the button is hit at the wrong time. While I respect the opinions of those who chose to use it in their rotations I see three possible outcomes where doing so contributes to a paladin failing as a tank.

If you unexpectedly need it and its on CD = fail.
If you accidentially taunt something that kills you or another raid member = fail.
If you need its 15 (overestimate) tps to maintain aggro = fail

Way too many ways to fail in my opinion. Save it for its actual use and none of these things can happen. Its a bad habit indeed!

As for Ret...despite the fact that this can proc vengeance/trinkets you guys should be on your best behavior! Don't be that guy!
_________________
"Incoming Glory!"
Fayia
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:28 am
Well, the weekly 25 PuG was up yesterday and suddenly we have a 4th tank around, well geared and all. He doesn't really get any assigns to tank, just the "standard three" do it.

As expected, right on the first pull "taunt tattle" shows the other Paladin is still taunt happy (taunting from the MT) and then also the taunt warnings from the new guy pop up.

This goes on and on until I just stop tanking anything^^

Climax of the night: We are about to finsish the second dance, yeah dps was that low but amazingly only 2 ppl dead, when Heigan REALLY starts to dance. Never seen him literally disco all over the place. What happened? The new tank taunted him - if you can believe it - at 10%, the MT dies from I don't know what and I manage to drag him back to floor and we kill him.

Did I get any praise for this? No, my angry whispers made me only find out that he is a friend of the guy that runs the raid...

/facepalm
_________________