Skip to content
Maintankadin

sanctuary in 3.2 -> Sanctified Kings

Jedah
Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: sanctuary in 3.2 -> Sanctified Kings

Macawber wrote:warriors don't have to choose between commanding shout and say, focused rage or shield specialization. I'd say the mana return from sanctuary has more in common with talents like those than with battle shout.


no respectable warrior tank picks up more than 2 points in shield specialization because we simply do not have the talent points available for it. Deep wounds (15 points into arms) and Armored to the teeth (3 in fury) are ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY for threat, or else we don't stand a chance at holding aggro on a boss. That, in addition to a prot tree in desperate need of a re-vamping much like the paladin tree was recently (some 5 pointers down to 3), puts us in a situation where we can't even get close to picking up everything we need in the prot tree.

Macawber wrote:On a somewhat related note, I hear a lot of warriors complain that shout durations are too short, and I can't deny that refreshing them every two minutes could get annoying. But compared to how clunky the blessing system is, I'd say they're fine. I'd kill to have to only press one button every two minutes to buff the entire raid.


You obviously don't play a warrior. On XT hard mode 25 last night, I was DPSing and in charge of keeping commanding shout up. The range on shouts is so fucking small, I couldn't even hit the tank from where I was standing, and I wasn't even at max melee range. Not to mention, I have the talent that increases its radius by 50%, which warrior tanks cannot possibly pick up due to having so many mandatory talents as explained briefly in the above section. Shouts are HORRIBLE, period. They need to have the range increased to 30 or 40 yards, and needs to be like the DK's horn of winter, which GIVES us rage and is set at a reasonable cooldown (30s-1m). That is all assuming they maintain the 2m cooldown, of course.

Speaking from experience with a paladin as well as a warrior: paladin blessings, although annoying at times, are much easier in the long run to deal with, and is trivialized with the use of pallypower.
Candiru
Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: sanctuary in 3.2 -> Sanctified Kings

Shouts on a CD might be annoying since you often have to shout the MT, and then shout the healers (say) which would become harder with a CD on it.

The range should be 40yards, 60 yards with talent though. Its pretty retarded to make you run around shouting. Although I suppose you can intervene DPSers high on threat to help them, and then shout there to move around, but I don't think the short range on shout is to encourage that!

Shouting boosting your rage rather than lowering it could be interesting, but I think blizzard wants warriors to start a fight with low rage rather than boosting it with Bloodrage / Shouts over time.

Warriors can end up with the buff/debuff short straw, with BuffShout, DemoShout, Thunderclap, Sunderarmour all needing to be applied. Thankfully now all tanks have thunderclap, and in 3.2 3/4 will have DemoShout so the burden is lifted slightly.

Locks doing curses have to press a button every 1min or so, so a shout every 2min (or 3min glyphed) isn't too bad. The range should be bigger though. (unless any warriors specially Commanding shout one group and battle shout another, but I think with BoM not stacking this is going to be pretty minimal)