Skip to content
Maintankadin

Suggestions for Class Changes

Levantine
Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:20 pm
Fio, you seem to epically fail at paladin tanking when it comes to one, sticking up for your own god damnned class without bitching for more buffs, and two, knowing what the hell encounter you're talking about.

Paladins > Warriors for P3 Req. Even if they weren't before, they are now that they broke the Def>Def rage dump.
_________________

Joanadark
Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:09 pm
I say again, read the relevant material.

This is something we've been discussing for months.
I made a prediction before most of us had ever seen the encounter. Then over the months over and over and over we've had raid group after raid group quantifiably confirm the noticable difference in difficulty of a first kill.
here's a snippet straight out of the WWS logs that I'd linked in my blog a good long while ago. You want more go read the 10-page thread in the BT strat board, cause repeating myself isnt something I take joy in.

Joanadark
Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:12 pm
heres the part i think you're missing.

The comparison is not "Warrior + 2k DPS rogue" VRS "Warrior + paladin".

The comparison is "Warrior + 2k DPS rogue" VRS "Paladin + 2k DPS fury warrior".


An ideal raid group would have the warrior tanks sit for that first kill.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
fiorina
Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:16 pm
nah, this is not typical... I run through our logs and this is definitely rage management/shield block issues. Btw, not matter what I do, with 200ms latency I receive 2 or more crushes per fight because of overlaping cooldown os HS. Crushing blow to paladin would be even bigger. Anyway, see my post above.
_________________
Darklordkatt
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:10 pm
I can roast marshmallows over the open flames here.

This being said I'd rather have some consolidation of talents so I can be able to take a secondary role with more effectiveness.
_________________
70 Prot Pally
Muahahaha 70 Warlock
Kalishnakov 54 Hunter
Aurica
Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:15 pm
Just replying to the original poster.

Talents (0/53/0)
Raiding TK/SSC

I'm pretty happy with what they did with tankadins lately, particularly with
Combat Expertise, Sacred Duty and Ardent Defender. If we stack HP, essentially we have a passive but weaker shield wall. Which is nice...

But I personally would prefer to see:
More stats synergy
Protection Tree too bloated, to be combined/streamline

Personally this are what I like to see, though it may seem slightly OP.

REDOUBT (0/5)
Damaging Melee and Range Attacks against you have a 10% chance to increase your Block Value by 5% of your total Spell Damage. (Each Rank)
Why? Because we are already capped by 102.4% for crush immune, our shield block is 8 charges and last 10 seconds, our CD for shield block is 10 seconds. More spell damage is = to more threat, now if more spell damage also grants migitation, then maybe our items can be altered to grant us more spell damage for more threat that is synergistic with our ability to absorb more damage. This also makes us different in areas of itemization or customization, it forces us to make a decision to stack stamina gems/trinkets or spell damage gems/trinkets instead of competing with warrior gear. Furthermore granting us greater flexibility in the ability to off-heal in our tank set when our tanked target is dead and only 1 tank is needed to finish off the encounter. Putting us almost comparable to feral druids in areas of utility, we are afterall healers and plate wearers

BLESSING OF KINGS (Make it trainable)
Why? Makes the protection tree less bloated, since its almost a must for all paladins to take this.

PARRY
Moving it to Protection Tree
Why? IDK, it just seems weird this is in retribution tree.

BLESSING OF SANCTUARY
Places a Blessing on the friendly target, reducing damage dealt from all sources by up to 20% of the caster's spell damage for 10 min. In addition, when the target blocks a melee attack the attacker will take Holy damage up to 20% of the caster's spell damage. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.
Why? Mainly to give us more synergy to scale with spell damage.

Weapon Enchants that features bonus to Holy/Nature damage.

Why? There are soulfrost, sunfire enchants, it would be nice to have one that supports Nature/Holy. Granted that most warrior tanks have mongoose enchantment, it's proc rate increase agility which grants more avoidance and % to crit. Having one specifically to scale to our ability to generate more threat and migitation more damage would be a nice addition.
_________________