Skip to content
Maintankadin

Post Your Successes!

Khisvir
Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:52 am
Did H Mgt today...Kael'thas sword dropped and I got it
_________________

Frickit
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:13 am
Got ring and glove upgrades.

BT last night was fun as hell. Prior I have done Naj once and Bloodboil once. We cleared all the way to RoS one shotting bosses with ease and the place glyched out for the several guilds in BT. So we could not go on. Got gloves from Gorefiend to replace maidens. First upgrade in a while...and.. I do retarded threat now Cool
_________________
Chunes
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:07 am
MT'ed our guild's first Illidan kill last night. Sadly we did not get a chance to test our mettle pre 3.0, but hey, we got him down none the less.

3k+ tps the whole time makes me a happy tankadin.
Erendis
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:18 am
Actually got to tank BT last night. Yes, i know it's been heavily nerfed but since I had never seen it before it was alot of fun.

Some highlights:

-Tanked ROS phase 1-2 with zero issues. Raid had warrior tank Phase 3 for some reason. Seems like we did that backwards.
-Was the Illidan tank since I didn't have fire resist. That tanking role is pretty easy compared to what I saw the flame tanks doing.
-Got the first debuff on Gorefiend. Never done the fight before. Succeeded due to mastering the flash game. lol.

Some lowpoints:

-On a couple Illidan attempts the healers let me die on the transition between phase 2 and 3 and once while I was trying to get Illidan into the trap. I know he's been nerfed but I still need more than a lifebloom and a rejuv to keep me up.
-Got a phone call right after Illidan kill. When answering it I rolled a split second too late on the Faceplate. Would have won it with the roll I got.

In summary: I had alot of fun. Got to see content I never thought I'd see. While it was easier than it should be It was still not so easy that people couldn't still wipe the raid with stupidity. So, I feel a little more accomplished than I would have coming back at 80.
_________________

Tinalt
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:20 am
I know it's been nerfed to hell, but still.

guild first kill of gorefiend and bloodboil last night. tried RoS and nobody knew what was going on since nobody read up on the fight because we didn't think we'd make it that far. we'll be trying again tonight and i expect we'll get it.

and i got the bracers from Naj'entus Very Happy
_________________
Alysiara
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:45 am
I know it isn't the best thing ever, but I did manage to full clear tank heroic hellfire ramparts at level 67 without cc. It's more of an amazing thing that my paladin healer did, but I did have 10k health unbuffed and the two times we wiped were from me dying too fast. Nobody died from me losing aggro (unless you count me being dead Rolling Eyes), in a group with three moderately well geared level 70 dps going all out.
_________________
Spotnick
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:02 pm
I've AoE'd the full Moroes room in Karazhan.. (except the 5 bosses of course), does that count? lol.

Hehe, love that new Hammer spell.

Karazhan is a joke now... i never managed to tank successfully Nightbane before... and this time got him on the first try. Considering I tnaked the phoenix boss and Void Reaver in TK, he's hard on the pally :p or my party was weak then.
Non
Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:34 pm
This week - Cleared ZA, ZG, MC, BWL, 2xAQ20, AQ40, Gruul, Maggy, SSC, TK, MH, BT and 3/6 Sunwell. Everything except BT and Sunwell was with with pug.
Culadin
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:52 pm
Like most I took advantage of easy mode raiding this week to cure boredom. Earlier today I was on damage meters all the way through Hyjal as #8 or #9 doing on average 1300 to 1540 dps as Prot and main tanking the bosses. AoE tanking definitely skew's the meters but hey I was out dpsing a couple locks and a mage while tanking, and thats ok in my books.
Also while watching omen during boss fights I was topping out around 3K tps. I love the new patch.
_________________
callimar
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:46 pm
Tanked brut for our 1st kill Very Happy
wng_z3r0
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:13 pm
Tank for guild's 1st Illidan kill, and won the helm. We killed him on our very last attempt of the week too =D

Libram + helm this week + kael/vasj ring = happy pally
_________________
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
Tunnis
Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:15 am
Server success when you see "we need more paladin tanks" in trade and LFG Smile
_________________