Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.1 Patch notes

Janduin
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:18 am
Another thing:

Glyph of Shield of Righteousness: Reduces the mana cost of Shield of Righteousness by 80%.

Wasn't this like 8% before?

This isn't an expensive ability at all, so this is still garbage I'd think, but with this glyph how much mana would ShoR be, keeping in mind it costs 30% more from talent changes?
_________________
Majiben
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 am
Well if the ShoR glyph really is 80% then it would be useful for prot pvp.
_________________
daemonym
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 am
last stand + lay hands would make me all sorts of fuzzy happy, especially since i have exactly 1 talent point and nowhere useful to put it at ^^
_________________
Zironic
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:16 am
I'd like

Shield of Vengeance 11pt
Raises your block value by 500% and allows you to block magic for 12 sec, 3 min cooldown.

Suppose shield slamming people for 30k damage would be seen as broken in pvp Sad
_________________
Splug
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 am
Pretty sure the glyph is just listed in the wrong spot.

Also, my understanding is that warriors are in pretty sad shape prior to 3.1. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see them gain some ground from the patch. Likewise, druids seem to be getting brought down (though possibly in part due to a bug). Deathknights are likely to see a few ner-I mean WE'RE FINE AND BALANCED AND NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

On a serious note, taking out salvation will bring deathknight damage-while-tanking back down to earth. I'm not sure where the overall damage mitigation stands, but I would not be suprised to see blade barrier get hit.

-Splug
_________________
Active raid character - death knight: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Spyte
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Candiru
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 am
With blade barrier, anticipation and the 3% miss in frost DKs have a 8% avoidance increase over pally/warr as well as the extra parry rating from Str. This means they take at least 16% less hits (assuming 50% avoidance warr/pall) which is a pretty huge difference. It was sort of balanced when they had less EH, but now they have more health, and more armour.