Skip to content
Maintankadin

Post Your Successes!

Frickit
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am
woot glory of the hero
_________________
Salgado
Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm
It has been quite a good few days for me. Wednesday I unpacked the mothballs on my Pally and tanked a Heroic VH for a friend of mine that wanted some gear from there. Wouldn't you know it, Lavanthor's Talisman dropped!

Later that night I was running [10] Naxx with on my Ele Shaman. Almost didn't have enough people, but found some solid DPS in the LFG to fill us out. It was the best run we've had so far. We started late so we only got Spider, Plague and Abom wings down but we were only running for 2 Hours and had some AFKs. Finally Loatheb saw fit to grace me with Tier 7 shoulders. About damn time.

Then last night we ran [25] Naxx with another guild we have been allying with lately. The run was pure crap and super slow because apparently thier MT is afraid of dying on trash, but we did put down Spider wing and Patchwerk (after 4 hours of rading...ouch.) Hit 4k DPS on my Shaman for the first time, Maxxena dropped Wraith Strike for me, and Patchwerk had a Totem of Hex in his pocket.

I am a pretty happy guy.
_________________
Salgado - Protection Paladin
Totemjunkie - Elemental Shaman

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what other people say you cannot do...
Amenian
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:13 pm
Just got 6 minute Maly last night. Only had to Salv one warrior. Threat was pretty much a breeze. Very Happy
Seraphyna
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:24 am
Finally got my first Malygos kill (10 man only), and now our guild has a good indication of who the tools are who keep dragging the vortex ahead of the group and end up getting us killed.

Also, just ran my first Heroic Azjol-Nerub, and got my Essence of Gossamer. I've been cursed for Naxx trinket drops, and now I have something infinitely better than the Autoblocker I've been using previously.

And 166 HP shy of that oh-so-tasty 30K HP unbuffed mark. Man I'm feelin good.


Edit Now to stop being lazy, and finish off my AD rep so I can get the proper head enchant, and then on to farming like crazy for Hodir rep for the proper shoulder enchant.
_________________
Teloc
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 am
>.> Finally cleared naxx 10, yes I'm in all 25man gear and have cleared everything else but sarth + 3. Though I didn't do naxx 10 when I cleared it. I did naxx 8 and like a bunch of other achievements.
_________________
Dazhbog
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:36 pm
Sarth + 3Drakes, 25 man version: Defeated.

*dances*
_________________
daemonym
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:45 pm
damn. first time tankign a naxx 25 run and i got the mega hook up. heroes surrender, broken promise, bindings of hapless pray, inexorable sabatons, anf 7.5 shoulders. not too far away from my ideal gear set up after a single run lol. i wonder how much DR will kill me if i put defense/dodge/parry items in every slot...
_________________
Barathorn
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:21 am
First time into Naxx on Barathorn last Friday, cleared spider wing before I had to go and got the achievement on the 2nd boss.

Quite happy.

Patch next for me hopefully, once my PC is fixed.
_________________
y2sky
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:01 am
It took me until Level 52, but I finally found Thorium Shield Spikes on the AH after using Iron since... forever. WOO HOO!
Katraya
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:57 am
For "shiggles" a few guildies and I ran AQ40, MC and AQ20 on Saturday night an had an absolute blast. I had run everything but AQ40 back in the day so it was neat to finally see the place. It also gave me the Classic Raider achievement on Kat. More importantly I managed to snag my T2 legs so now I am running around in the T2 chest and legs and Crown of Destruction whenever I am in town. Smile All I need now is the RDP off Vael and I'll be a very happy girl.

I brought my priest alt in for Domo and got the Eye of Divinity so I'll start working on the Bene chain soon. I also got her to 70 last night and ran UK with a few guildies. I learned that while I may have the hang of soloing on her, I have no clue about dpsing in an instance. Rolling Eyes A few more levels (and some better gear) and I'll just switch her to disc.
_________________
Caelia
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:10 am
Went from 72 to 75.5 on the weekend Smile Slowely edging my way to 80 on my pally finally...
_________________

DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Neroth
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:37 am
25 man Sarth 3D down. The guild now has all content clear. I just need 10 man Sarth 3d.
_________________
Fedaykin98
Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 am
My guild did its second guild-only full clear of Naxx25 last night in about 4 hours, one-shotting everything.

I picked up the Crusader Strike libram from Noth. That's about the least exciting upgrade in the world, but they are nerfing the Grizzly Hills one in 3.1, so it's good to have this now.
_________________