Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why do you tank?

Romie
Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:51 am
I wanted to get exalted with all the 5 man factions. I got sick of healing shit tanks so i decided to go prot and try it out as i was curious and tanking seamed fun.

I retired for awhile and rerolled warlock (my pvp bitch) but with 2.3 i came back to play my pally again because of the new token gear and new talent improvements.

Now i safely aoe tank most heroic pugs with no cc. Sometimes i get afew bad ones though Crying or Very sad .
_________________
Avias
Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:06 am
Because I can.
_________________
Gerilith
Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:02 am
Because it is the most efficiant way to support my way since the other healing classes have been buffed and ret isn't finished at all.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Brute
Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:41 am
I tank because I don't like getting bad tanks. I just do it myself.

If I respecced, my wife and all my friends would leave me and I'd get a /gkick Sad

I have a druid for healing, a hunter for ranged DPS, a warrior for melee DPS, and a paladin for Tanking. I feel like I'm playing each class to its most "fun" potential.

edit: I can't level a caster to save my life. They're just too squishy and boring /spam fireball ftl.
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Brute]
lckuok
Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:00 am
I started off playing a priest, hated shadow for some reason... always played with friends, and found out priest is useless soloing and i get no respect from my tanking frd (dps warrior). so then i rolled a rogue, but i figure out that i liked a class that knows how to heal and melee dps, shaman wasn't avaible so i picked paladin, lol i was starting my paly, wanting it to be holy, but talent changes made me goto prot at lvl 20 XDD, so then i tried respec to holy and ret to try things out, but still.. prot is the best out of all other 2 branches (don't want to make another healer and gay that holy paly can't dps, the lack of true ret gears in wow).


anyways here i am tanking, and love the feeling that PALADIN AREN'T JUST HEALBOTS!
Levantine
Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 am
Oh hey! I didn't know NSB had a tankadin, Romie. Say hi to Aevie for me. Smile
_________________
Thax
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:13 am
I tank because I enjoy the responsibility it comes with. I'm naturally protective of those I care about, and like so many others I enjoy breaking stereotypes.
_________________
Yes, a Paladin can easily be the guy that gets put in front of something ugly and told to break the bad guy's equipment with his face before the bad guy breaks his face with his equipment. ~Lore
Nicos
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:32 am
Well, I wanted a plate wearing character and I didn't like how the warrior played.

I already have a raid healer.. so the only other option (at the time) was to go Prot.

So I'm a prot paladin. And I have fallen in love with tanking.. Smile
_________________

Igrado
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:44 am
I started tanking because it intrigued me, and honestly, I liked the idea of going against the flow and helping prove it could be done and done marvelously. I also started because I had been healing (on my Priest pre-BC, and my Pally thereafter) for over a year, and tanking was a very refreshing change. I loved the new challenge that came from learning how to tank itself.

I hate doing WC, etc. on any new alt, except when I played a warrior for a while... then, setting the pace (fast) made it a lot more fun and a lot less stressful.

I love how OP AOE grinding is... no dailies for me (i hate questing, especially on a Pally) when the gold gets low I just go AOE grind for a while, which I can also do while AFK 80% of the time if I choose, so I can make making money as time consuming (find a partner for more/bigger pulls) or casual as I want, and I can do it whenever it fits into my schedule, no rush to do dailies every day.

I continue to tank for those same reasons. I love the challenge, and the power, of Paladin tanking. The planning phase is fun to me, I'm more of a strategy minded person. (Even though I play on PVP servers, I actually suck at PVP most of the time, though my WOW experience is starting to pay off a little bit.) So I like the gearing up, the adjusting pieces for each situation, the running the numbers. I love getting to lead the run and set the pace. And I just love how OP Pally tanks are, at least through what I know, which is mostly through KZ, and I hear we continue to shine.

Ultimately, it's just freaking fun!

Warrender
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:55 am
Been a raiding Healadin for quite a while. Unlike quite a few other folks around here, I really wasn't burnt out on healing. In fact, I still enjoy doing it even today.

I guess the pivotal events that led to respeccing Prot was finding this website and a thread on my realm forums where the most PVE-advanced Alliance guild didn't think Paladins could be uncrushable. Since my guild back then had just imploded I was actually thinking of apping to said guild. After reading that thread, I changed my mind when I witnessed the ignorance of even Paladins in that guild regarding their own class.

I was Holy at the time and really hadn't given much thought to speccing Prot but I figured it was time I stopped theorycrafting and rooting from the sidelines. An old saying came to mind about how if you weren't part of the solution, you were part of the problem. So I looked up some old friends who started up a new guild from the ashes of the imploded old one and asked to join with the intention of speccing Prot in the future. I scrounged up my hodgepodge Prot gear set of green quest rewards and Kharazan epics and waited for the call.

It came when we went up against Morogrim Tidewalker for the first time as a new guild. Been Prot ever since except for some emergency respecs when we were lacking healers for the night. Now the guild is 2/5 MH 3/9 BT.

TLDR version: I tank because I sincerely believe Paladins are awesome tanks and I can't think of a better person to show what this spec is capable of than myself.
_________________
Kombo
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:57 am
I like being a mathadin, and because when ever anyone asks whos tanking in a pug, i can do this;

--------___________
-_____\__------____)===::::=====
|--------PALLY TANK---------\
-\_/_\_/_\_/_\_/_\_/_\_/_\_/


Dashes (-) are replaced with spaces till it looks right.
_________________
Sabindeus
Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 am
I tank because I am a Paladin and I take the least damage of my comrades.
_________________
Shirak
Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:27 am
I enjoy hearing that "Since we have a Prot pali for this instance we have the 'I win button'", this will be easy.
_________________