Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.1 Patch notes

Panzerdin
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:27 pm
Damn right. Other DKs use a BV Metagem, but only Splug knows that Armour>BV for DKs!
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
Steve
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:31 pm
Warriors in my guild are around 55% or so factoring miss (and its relative diminishing returns) and around 30K health unbuffed but not reducing for level difference.

If we were to strip them of all bonus armor I'd imagine they'd be at around 24K with the meta. I think that's roughly 61% (it's slightly more) against level 80s.

Edit:

So, arguably DK armor advantage is functionally equivalent to warruior defensive stance against physical attacks. (Which is what you said at the start, Splug.)

Which leaves DK cooldowns + extra avoidance vs Warrior cooldowns vs block, on the physical side of things. I don't think I'm leaving anything out.
Splug
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:48 pm
At this point, PTR warrior cooldowns aren't too far off from PTR DK cooldowns. For each respective tree, you'd be pairing [unbreakable armor / bone shield / mark of blood] against shield block, icebound fortitude against shield wall, and [lichborne / --- / vampiric blood] against last stand. I think the death knight versions are still slightly better, but not amazingly so.

-Splug
_________________
Active raid character - death knight: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Spyte
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Panzerdin
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:05 pm
That made you THAT excited?
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
Vindicated
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:07 pm
yeah, I'm over being happy with the other new things, gotta be excited about something. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Steve
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:47 pm
Obviously that extra 9% avoidance is pretty big though, especially when we're talking about 55 vs 64. 45/36= 25% less damage.

That's immense.

I think your proposed blade barrier reduction is exactly where they will start, since that hits all specs equally.
KysenMurrin
Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:43 am
Something else new that seems to have been overlooked: You can now see what presence a DK is using, which'll come in handy when pugging dps...
_________________