Skip to content
Maintankadin

I want to kill the king of Orgrimmar.

fafhrd
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:31 pm
The undying silence of the legions of the C'tan is far better a battle-cry than your pathetic breaths to false gods and false hopes.
_________________

The original Level 70 Lore-stalker
fafhrd
Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:34 pm
Piffle.

necrons > all
_________________

The original Level 70 Lore-stalker
Basilisk
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:41 am

Dead!

It is possible to kill the city bosses!

We killed the Silvermoon boss last night, 40 people, no horde was around.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html;jsessionid=C10128EF5F0CCB60A814376961B706C2.app06_06?topicId=6365446677&sid=1

We also tryed trall in org, however having alot more guards then any other, it was a short try, and we got overwhelmed by atleast 25-35 hordeshaving fun.

The undercity boss evaded many times for us, and finally ended up killing the raid, it seems she bugged at the stairs.

Its true they are level 80, and we did only hit them for about 500-1200 (warlock normally hitting for 3-4k noncrit), and many times you just miss. It seemed that the melee had a bigger chance of hitting him, very fast they were all top dps on recount.
It took about 15 minutes to pull 5mil hp off the boss, we had easy guards respawning every 2-3 minutes, and the rather "hard" guards respawn every 5-10 minutes.
Bubdud
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:30 am
Holy threadnecromancy Batman!

That said, first of all: HAI GUSY! After lurking for quite some time here I decided to post. Why raise a thread from the grave to have your first post? one might ask. Well, because I (accompanied by 119 other Alliance players) want to kill the king (fuck warchief) of Orgrimar (and the rest of the horde leaders, but if we can survive Orgrimar, I'm assuming the rest to be relatively easy).

I've got two questions: has anyone killed any faction leader after 3.0 (Alliance as well, I'm guessing they are pretty similiar)? If so, how hard did the boss hit you, and how hard was it in general?
Second question: I've wrote a little piece of general tactics, and I'd like some commentary (both positive and negative)

moduspwnens
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:37 am
I don't know if I'd stack Defense, cause you'd never get enough to be uncrittable, and if you stack too much, that inevitable crit will kill you. Then again, you're not gonna be able to keep any threat without a good bit of hit. But you'll need stamina, too, cause they hit kinda hard.

Meh, just use a group of tanks, imo.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Kellann
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:52 am
I wore my dodge/def-heavy load which still left me with ~20khp facing Cairne the other night.

He was hitting for 4~7k norms, 6~10k crushes, and presumably the crits (I luckily didn't see any) would be in the 8~15k range. This is with around 20k armor.

So basically, it's like Gorefiend in threat gear with CoReck on...been there, done that - just used a full complement of healers for it (not the 3 we had online for the TB impromptu).

We didn't win - but we did take a sizable chunk out of his HP bar before he evaded on the doorway and started autoshotting every non-tank in the raid.

The trick to it is to get a BIG (40~80 person) group of reliable players (DON'T CHASE THE HORDE!!) and to 1-shot it. It gets infinitely harder to keep the bossfight going right once the hornets nest realizes it has been kicked and the warlocks start seeding your raid while the rogues murder your healers...

The other option is to go with a competent and well mixed group of ~25 with 1+ other PvP oriented groups of a similar size running interference on the horde.
_________________
Kellann - Uther
adacus79
Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 am
LORE FAIL. "I'm holy and righeous" "also rasist kill em all"
I play my race of humans and have absolutely no idea of their history. Yea!!!!!!!!! But we are the good guys ... because were human.

Just for laughs What race was that guy at the end of naxx in vanilla wow.. You know who im referring to say his name and know where he came from. and why he ended up in naxx. then learn about that guy who ended up in frostcrown .. what race was he again.... hmmmm seeing an evil pattern here. Power hungry humans ... at least the blood elves are seeking to control their addiction to the arcane. humans flaunt it and kill anyone who gets between them and even the smallest ammount of increased power. how many alli prizon camps are there, why do they resemble hitler's concentration camps.. humans are evil. gratz on playing the second most evil race in the game. Second only to trolls.. but then again they eat humans so what do you expect. [lore fail on my part too] never was good at book reports either.