Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.4 Notes - Grain of Salt Included

Exodius
Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:52 am
Getting back to the OT again... Confused

I think it's a very interesting concept having the whole raid and heroic instances not immediately accessible but requiring enough dailies to be done for it to be fully unlocked.

You can't just get 25 people in full T6 to walk in and clear it for a server first. This is an important point.

You actually need to work with the rest of your server. If your guild has been farming Black Temple since it was released... you still can't walk in and get a world first kill on the first day of the final raid boss.

If your server is pretty crap, you might even have to wait a while.

Sure, all the good players and their alts might be able to help speed things up...

But the fact that the quests are dailies mean that you can only do (quest that unlocks 0.0005%) once per day. It's going to take a while. A lot more than one day. A lot more than one week even. Razz

My guess is the requirements will be so high it's going to take a while, and be high enough to reflect the server as a whole, rather than 50 people with no social lives. Razz

Which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Very Happy
_________________

ehly
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:12 am
In the modelviewer the naaru have no attack animation last I looked. If you search youtube you can fine several vids of people kiting mobs that adel attacks, but he doesnt do any special animation...yet.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Beltaine
Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:32 am
I really have mixed feelings about the e-sport comment.

On the one hand, I'm glad WoW is so popular and that gaming in general is gaining popularity enough to support this sort of thing.

On the other hand, I'm afraid to see the effect that the remainder of the pendulum swing toward PvP will have on PvE content and class composition in general.

Deathknight population is already going to be mind-blowing, with Blizz looking towards "e-sport" PvP it's safe to say the DK was made with PvP in mind, which means all other classes will be measured and adjusted by the DK stick.

PvE revolving around PvP, IMO, makes for a bad PvE game.

I hope I'm proven wrong.
_________________