Skip to content
Maintankadin

We're doomed

Arcand
Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:20 am
In case anyone's going by memory - stop it. This is maintankadin, we're better than that. Here's the link. Wink
http://www.wowhead.com/?search=redoubt#abilities

What catches my eye about the tooltip is, it says melee and ranged attacks.

AFAIK when Blizzard says ranged, they're talking about arrows, axes, knives and bullets - things affected by ranged attack power. In their lexicon, ranged =/= spells.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12 - Uncrushable at 13.4k
Gruul the Dragonkiller attacks. You block.
Agravaine
Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
The tooltips for Redoubt and Reckoning are different.

Redoubt -- melee and ranged attacks
Reckoning -- any damaging attacks

The Reckoning tooltip implies that any damage can trigger reckoning (other than perhaps environmental/self-inflicted). Redoubt implies that not only are those categories are excluded, but spell attacks, dots etc. are also excluded.

I'd have to test to be sure, it's been many months since I've cared what procced Redoubt.
Nemi
Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:36 am
reckoning does not proc off of spells. Otherwise while doing all of Illhoof's adds I'd constantly see that and reck up. I dont. I only see recknoing ( when i had reck spec )
_________________
jere
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:11 am
I am currently on the PTR testing it now to see. I have both reckoning and redoubt talented (5/5 for both).

I am gathering up 4-5 Ethereal Nethermancers and letting them all shadowbolt me until one runs out of mana, then I run out to reset them, heal up, and repeat.

So far after 15 rounds of trying that, I have seen reckoning proc off their shadowbolts, but not redoubt.
_________________