Skip to content
Maintankadin

We still face discrimination

Spectrum
Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:29 pm

We still face discrimination

So, I had this conversation with a Hunter tonight while trying to level my enchanting. I don't think he realized I was making fun of him.

Worldie
Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:36 pm
I still happen to not be able to tank SV heroic according to some pugs few days ago.

Just ignore them, and /ignore with a good "man, you are so 2005". You don't rly need to bother, they will never get past karazhan (or 10 men naxx) anyway.

Plus possibly i love to /bye to those people linking a random piece of gear they will never get to see, something like "Alright, i can't tank, but at least i menaged to tank my way up to full t6 while i see you are still in season one, keep up the good job mate, more welfare epic incoming soon!"
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Angelus
Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 pm
Get a note addon and note them for later.

Sometime later when you're invited to a group with them just say "Sorry, "x person" says I'm not a good tank, I don't want to hold you guys back. Good luck!"

It won't take you long to find another group if you're a tank(assuming you aren't immediately invited back) and you'll end up with the last laugh.
Wyleai
Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:15 pm
badapples

Handy addon that spams a note at you when somebody tries to invite you that you've made a note for. As the name implies; its intended to be for noting the problem players, but you could always also leave a note like "great healer."

I've managed to get 4 toons noted down in it so far.

I don't get the notion of wanting a paladin as an off-tank. We make great MTs, but in the off-tank role, if the main is doing their job, we're just not going to be taking enough damage to get enough heals to keep our mana up...

Seems to me that, in any situation that needs two tanks, you start with the paladin as the main, and have the warrior / druid pick up the slack.
_________________

Worldie
Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:17 pm
Wyle, there's something i always wanted you to ask.

Where the hell is your belf dancing in that pic, i can't remind that blue fire.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
fuzzygeek
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:47 pm
Hunters are one of the easiest classes to get to 70 completely solo, so many hunters haven't done much with groups, and their understanding of other classes or How To Play Nicely With Others is sometimes a little ... lacking.
_________________
Ruex
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:54 pm
One Saddest things I ever saw:

We pugged a Hunter into Kara, just after Curator on one of our zerg badge runs. I was inspecting his gear and spec, and noticed He didnt have his Pet out.

I asked him: "Hey Bud, why don't you have your pet out?"
He replys: "I Never use my pet"

Worst of all.. He was BM spec...
I died alittle on the inside.

Yes there are hunter newbs out there. I work to show that a good hunter exists. Maybe a handful per server... but the DO exist...
_________________

Chevalier
Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 pm
man people are so stupid
Some people just do as they are told, if they hear paladins are good in ZA, and that paladins can't tank, they make it their own opinion. This is just an ignorant hunter that knows nothing about paladin tanking and just believes what he hears without inspecting as to why.