Skip to content
Maintankadin

A PUG KT? Really?

lethario
Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:19 pm

A PUG KT? Really?

Yes. Tonight's Kael'Theas PUG was successful. It took about 13 tries and around 4 hours. There were many times when it could have fallen apart, but we ended up with a great group. I also ended up with a vial and some pretty nice new gloves for my troubles.

We are going for Vashj next Friday.

Forum thread


By lethario at 2008-07-25
_________________
Caelia
Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 pm
I've done a pug SSC before and we 1 shotted vashj, it was hosted by the top guild on the server and there was maybe 1/5 of them there.

But none the less, congrats. Get anything nice?
_________________
Active:
Dracona - 37 Retribution Paladin

Inactive:
Caelia - 70 Protection Paladin
Candrisa - 70 Shadow Priest
Welshh - 63 Combat Rogue
lethario
Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:32 pm
I got the tank gloves, they are a decent stam upgrade over the T5, I'm sure I'll make use of them Smile

There are hosted 'pugs' all the time. One guild has regularly been running BT and MH - this was really a PUG with no more than 4 folks from any one guild, signups done on the realm forums and the majority of us had never played together before.
_________________
Syrcla
Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:24 am
I don't like doing PUG 5mans.....

Grats to your loot and the group being successful; but EFF THAT! Smile
Worldie
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:09 am
There have been a couple of pugs as well on our server, they managed to kill Vashj but failed on Kael Smile
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Guillex
Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:12 am
I'm sorry ... Is that the Troxed of soundboard fame?
_________________
Official thread killer

QuantumDelta
Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:53 am
Outland is pugging everything bar sunwell now :\
naturally we can't pug sunwell unless we go altiness and the 'decent' puggers don't have the right classes to put together a decent pug raid composition.

But we've done everything else -.-;
_________________
Melathys
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:50 am
There's a guy on my server notorious for putting together incredible pugs. 4 chest ZA runs with a pug.

He's started his own guild though. But, they're working through hyjal/bt now
_________________
Levantine
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:52 am
Cael isn't pugging Vashj or Kael, but we've had 4/5 Hyjal and from what I remember one or two 4/5 BT pugs before. There's the occasional Sunwell trash farming pug as well.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
fuzzygeek
Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:33 am
Mal'ganis has a metric fuckton of high end guilds; some of our comedy guilds would qualify as top progression guilds on other servers. Bear run pugs are commonplace; I know of a few MH clears, but haven't heard of an Illidan pug yet.
_________________
Stupendous
Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:02 am
Area 52 pugs kael and vashj. So far at least one successful kael. I think we even have full clears of mh. Horde side only that is. Stupid top guild is already on a 2 day sunwell farm, so they get bored the rest of the week.
_________________
Lightbeard
Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:40 pm
My server only does ZA pugs that always fails

and the ocasional Mag and Gruul pug
_________________


Vediog Svaor
Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:17 pm
I'm also accustomed to failed ZA pugs on Argent Dawn. Hell even Karazhan pugs are a crapshoot. Alliance side seems better though; there's a guy putting together successful Vashj pugs, dunno how the Kael one did though.