Skip to content
Maintankadin

Regarding compromised WoW accounts

Fangwui
Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:08 am

Regarding compromised WoW accounts

Hi guys,

my wow account was recently keylogged and I have since managed to regain access, but I have lost most of my gear and all of my gold. Was wondering if anyone here who has encountered this situation has had experience with how long GMs take to restore your items/gold.

Thanks in advance.
Gamingdevil
Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:22 am
I haven't experienced it myself, but IIRC you should get your gear back, but they don't get you your money.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Ubung
Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:44 am
I had my account hacked last year and it can be a very annoying process so let me give you a few tips.

1) You do get all your gold and gear back on your main character
2) I did not get the gold or gear back on any other character
3) I lost all consumables like pots and stuff

When I reported the hacking to blizz gm he said my account would be closed while the account was reinstated. A short time later I received an email from Blizz asking for a few account verification questions which I emailed them back with. They dont confirm they have received emails so I didnt know blizz had it.

After 2 weeks I sent another email to that address with no reply again.

After 4 weeks I sent an email to customer services who replied with "be patient"

After 6 weeks I called Blizz customer service saying it had been ages and that none was replying to me. The woman on customer services again said I had to be patient even after several minutes of complaining.

After 8 weeks I sent another email to customer services, I must have got someone failry intelligent because they advised me to email the department I was dealing with directly. When I did this I got an email back from them saying they had never gotten my account details and had finished checking my account in the first week.

I emailed the account details straight to this guy and he released my account. I however was very angy at the complete uselessness of blizz customer support.

If you dont wanna read all this then main points:

1) Blizz customer service dont know whats going on with your account, only the department dealing with it are.

2) I assume mine is quite an isolated case but blizz will not confirm your emails so email customer service and request the email of the department dealing with it.

3) If its taking a while (more than 2 weeks) then keep trying to get in touch with them, dont take no for an answer.

Hope this helps sorry your account got hacked.
_________________

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Ano
Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 am
I had my account hacked back when i only had a lock, pre BC... worked out kinda good, took me 2 weeks, but i got everything restored minus like 1k gold (i had like 4k) and somehow 2 or 3 of my trinkets (abyssal shard = free VW trinket and the lowbie nature resist one and the i think i twas +8 resist all trinkets) all got duped, 2 of those 3 were quest reward items and thus unique... but i had em...


Abyssal shard shared cool down with dupe though, so it wasnt as awesome as i thought. But it did mean I didnt have to farm anymore NR gear for AQ 40. and i had a good start on naxx.
Worldie
Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:00 am
Originally they didn't use to restore anything but your main character and his gear.

Now they usually restore everything (including gold, alts, banks, pots) in a few days.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Ubung
Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:27 am
sounds like they got better, this is encouraging. Very Happy
_________________

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.