I just read a post in the WotLK forum where someone mentioned that people are way overgeared for Northrend right now. Northrend is designed for a typical player who just hit 70 to go there and be successful much like the transition from Dun Morogh to Loch Modan.
But WHY!?!
I'll be honest, I've never had a 70. I don't know what it's like to raid. But I feel like I'm missing out on a TON of content because of situations like this. A friend of mine who's running dungeons near 70 says it's near impossible to get someone to go through SH with him. Probably because everyone's already outgeared that dungeon.
Try getting a Dire Maul run together! Unless it's guildies, it's probably not going to happen.
A lot of the dungeons - and especially raids - seem like some of the most fun World of Warcraft has to offer. I dream of being that paladin venturing into Molten Core (which aside from it being an elemental based raid, is as close to Hell as you can get) and standing toe-to-toe with the denizens there. Now, it'll probably never happen. If it does, we'll be 3-manning it at 80 and it'll be a hoe-hum thing that we're just doing for fun.
I really feel like Blizzard is letting me and all of the other people who are playing this game for the first time down. What we need is tough love - not level 30 mounts and double experience from 30-60. If we don't have the Lawbringer set, the we can't get the Judgement Set. If we can't get Redemption, then we shouldn't be attempting Kara.
Glass ceilings are a good thing in my opinion. That's what makes achievements great. If I can just install WotLK and basically buy some off-the-shelf greys from Northrend and then go tank Molten Core, then how am I going to look at someone wearing Lawbringer and respect that?
I can understand WHY Blizzard does it, but I feel cheated. The way they're rehashing Naxxramus, it sounds like their dungeon designers feel cheated too.
kingharbromm
Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:06 am


