Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is it just me or.....

Ezymode
Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Is it just me or.....

does there seem to be a huge gap in the amount of pure tanking gear in gruul/mag/ssc/the eye. I mean kara gives the whole bold lookin set of items which I love. Is wearing t5 and subbing in a warrior focused weapon like the mallet of tides a viable solution to make up the stats from the raw hp/avoidance gear that you don't have access to? I'm not a big fan of the tier sets because of the stats I'll lose. Are they worth it?

Heres my armory link, please let me know what gear I should shoot for from here.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Ezymode
Boruc
Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:27 pm
You should start using Sun Eater instead of CoT sword for boss tanking.

Change Dabiri's Enigma with the Shadow Labs trinket, not big Defense difference and you get armor from the SL trinket (armor pwns block rating.)

Replace your Health gems with avoidance gems (dodge, parry, block value - etc) you dont *NEED* more than 12k health for tanking SSC\TK unbuffed.

Having a big health poor and poor avoidance are going to lead you to worse places, and would be a good idea to get engineering helms since you dont have any high skill professions - they are extremely good and help alot.

And get agility enchant instead of health on the gloves.
_________________
70 Prot paladin - Boulderfist EU! Go for avoidance!

Boruc
Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:03 pm
It shouldnt be a problem to get a enchanter that got it - but mats might be hard to get some servers lack Nexus crystals.(think you need it for recepie)
_________________
70 Prot paladin - Boulderfist EU! Go for avoidance!

adese
Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:38 pm
In 2.2, 2% threat should be available from one of the rep vendors, with level 70 mats, so it should be significantly easier to get ahold of them.
_________________
DJSticky
Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
From what I understand +2% therat becomes better then +20 spell damage after you have a certian amount of spell damage due to the fact that it's a percentage and therefor scales.
_________________