Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you think we will get nerf'ed soon?

AusDante
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:26 pm

Do you think we will get nerf'ed soon?

Hi All,

I have been hearing this a lot lately, everyone is complaining that Pally's are too good now and we are gonna get nerf'ed soon....

What do you all think?

Personally, I am loving the latest patch, I am only lvl 68, but its been easier going since the last patch Smile
Khayne
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:31 pm
We´ll get the allready announced nerfs, which propably still dont make us that weak.

After that i dont think they´ll nerf us attleast before we get into lvl 80 and we start seeing how things go there.
_________________
Ulushnar
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 pm
TO THE GROUND BABY!

*ahem*

There have been some changes made to Retribution to make their damage a little less burst-y. Blizz are monitoring the situation, but it's been their stated goal that Ret should do competive DPS and Prot should be able to Main Tank. Neither of these were really goals for them in TBC.

In other words, stop worrying about what tomorrow might bring and enjoy today, ok?
_________________
Blog


Short version: Stop sucking - Vanifae
Khisvir
Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:03 am
Okay, seriously, Blizz needs to add a new legendary weapon into the game.

The Nerf Bat.
One-handed mace.
1-2 damage per second
Speed 7.00
On Equip: -50 to all stats.
On Use: Immediately causes all groups in dungeons and raids on the server to wipe instantaneously.
_________________

AusDante
Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:58 am
lol yeah, I just thought I would see what you all thought.
Ruex
Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:03 am
huh? What? sorry I can't hear you over all the fun I am having? YOu'll have to speak louder! There are all these mobs dieing all over me, and its a bit hard to hear your negativity.
_________________
___________________________________
"You should have seen it! The odds stacked 20-2... and we kicked the shit out of the both of 'em!"
Ulushnar
Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:13 am
And for the record, we're not "too good". I was extremely displeased to find that speccing Ret didn't turn me from a ten-thumbed moron to an AV god. Although I suspect people saw the giant purple hammer, recognised me for what I was and then focussed fire on me.

We may have an advantage in lvl 70 gear, but that's probably going to dissapear once all the classes have their level 80 spells, gear and buffs. Blizz is quite sensibly not overreacting with their class changes.
_________________
Blog


Short version: Stop sucking - Vanifae
Tbolt
Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 am
While loving the enhancements to my tank, I still don't feel that we're that good to be nerf-worthy. If anything I'd still like to see more improvements in the future.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 am
Given it's actually stated that we're lagging behind on blocking... :p Don't think our survivability will take any nerf for a long while.
_________________
Spankadin in development
Sit vis nobiscum!
BubbaBill
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:25 am
As others have said just enjoy it. But I suspect we will get hit...and hard.
Last night we ran kara with a bunch of alts now mind you alot were undergeared but still Recount showed me at 30% of the raid damage. The next closest were 2 tied at 15%. I was DOUBLE the second place persons damage as tank.

Last week when we did it I was in second place WAY out ahead of 3'rd. Know who was first? The Ret pally and he just barely beat me, we were within 1% of each other.

As prot I'm blowing the doors off the DPS. Not even bothering to mark pulls anymore becaus even in big rooms with Holy Wrath, Exorcism, Hammer and reflective damage even when teh DPS concentrates on mobs that aren't my target they aren't able to pull them off. Now that will diminish slightly in a non-undead zone but even in heroics my damage is head and sholders above most DPS. Though my understanding is there are alot of Undead/Demons in Northrend so ... yes I believe enough people will whine and they will drop the hammer on us, so enjoy the party while it lasts, It's a hell of a blast.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=arathor&n=bubbabill
Targonis
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:29 am
There are already some nerf's announced on mmo-champ, for those of us at work can someone post the list here for us?
_________________
Tinalt
Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:13 am
For those of you freaking out because of rumors of nerfing paladins. Pay very close attention to what i'm about to say.

The are talking about Ret

Prot paladins are not getting the nerf bat, bliz has said they are seeing us stay up with the other tanks, and if anything they may tweak our blocking to get better if it looks like we're falling behind there. Don't Panic, it's not the end of the world.

Have a nice day
_________________