Skip to content
Maintankadin

What to do at '70?

Cafisho
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 am

What to do at '70?

Since the expansion is coming out in a couple of weeks, and yesterday i just reached 70, i'm not sure if raiding (oir joining a guild, first... huh) it's a good choice for me now. All the 'good equipment' today, will be 'second class' after wotlk.

So... what should i do now? Farm gold for the flying mount? stay off wow until wotlk is released? Please shed some light to this matter! Smile
uke
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:07 am
Whatever sounds fun to you, honestly.

Farm gold for flying/epic mount, dailies, find a group to carry you through Kara since it's loleasy mode now, PVP as either ret or prot (both are fun) - PVP gear is great for solo questing in the expansion. Go ret and smash faces for a couple weeks.

The possibilties are endless!
yappo
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:13 am
I'm grinding quests for money and achievements, and dragging friends through instances that were hard to survive a month ago, but which are doable on three (only one 70) players today. Having fun in other words Wink

20% to fast flying, 80 to go...
Warden
Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:59 pm
I think the key point in the above statement is "dozens of hours of work." While it definately used to be an exercise to get decent raid-quality gear, that isn't so today. Honestly, these days, it takes hardly no effort. I had a friend ding 70 yesterday, and had them in half epics after an hour in kara... if that is lvl 73ish quest/instance quality blue/green gear, then their benefit/time ratio was better spent in kara. I know lvl 73 instances won't yield 6-7 decent blues for an hour of work.

Agreeing with farther up though.. just do what's fun. If you want to see raid content, go see raid content with any overgeared friends you might have. If pvp is your cup of tea, now is a great time to do it, while people are still working out effective ways to counter the changes to ret pallies.

Just my $.02
Warden
Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:14 pm
Not sure where the conversation made the jump to BT guilds and sunwell... I was referencing the OP, where they stated that they had just dinged 70, and comparing them to another fresh 70. I hardly expected them to jump into BT... Furthermore, considering the OP doesn't refer to his main or to his new 70 being an alt, I imagine its his first 70, therefore making Kara appropriate to the context. While I agree that endgame content from fresh 70 would still be a considerable amount of effort between now and the 13th, seeing raid content in general is not a stretch.
fafhrd
Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:26 pm
If you haven't done the various raid instances on some other character already, now is a good time to check them out - people are pugging a lot of the level 60 ones for achievements, and the level 70 ones aren't much harder to zerg with the recent 30% nerf.

If you've already done those, then meh. Log on to chat or something. I got my alt to 70 finally a few weeks ago, and couldn't really find motivation to do anything on her other than chat (and not it's not that I don't feel like grinding gear just because I might replace it in wrath, it's more that I don't really feel like raiding all those instances again on another character).
_________________

The original Level 70 Lore-stalker
Vaughan
Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 pm
Some ideas if you don't want to gear up/raid while waiting:

*Do quests you haven't done yet.
*Dailies = epic flyer (you'll want one)
*Do achievements you haven't done yet. (many are soloable)
*If you have a gathering profession, gather/stock up. (DKs are gonna have to level their professions. Twisted Evil)
*Level an alt
*PvP (I understand not everyone appreciates this part of the game, just an idea though, as you can stock up on honor and tokens as they are not getting reset.)
_________________

Grimmal
Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:41 pm
I don't feel like grinding gold for my epic flyers so I'm just leveling up all my alts. By the time the expansion hits I'll have a 70 Paladin, Warlock, Hunter, and Rogue. I should also have a Warrior probably in his mid 50s if I'm lucky.

I don't see the point in trying to gear up as it will get replaced much to fast. So I'd rather give myself plenty of options for WotLK.