Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dear

Dapaladin
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:24 am

Dear Maintankadin

Perhaps I'm the only one who sees this happenning but i HIGHLY doubt it.

I've been reading these forums since before 2.3 when prot pallies started to become more popular and recently with WotLK coming up and prot pallies being more popular then ever these boards and their posters have become less and less constructive.

Now i havn't read the WoW forums in quite awhile because there isn't really anything to read. It becomes more painful to read some of the topics and posts here as well. It's begining to feel more like the WoW forums or what i remember of them. Not to mention almost every page of the most active forum sections have at least 1 or more locked topics per page due to people complaining about something.

Maybe WotLK is to blame for the degradation of the boards with all the changed mechanics and gear and ideology. Maybe its because the site is more popular then ever, i don't know for sure.

Another thing is the repition of some of the topics and posts while this is unavoidable in the end, people including myself should use the search function on the forum to help reduce multiple topics on the same subject.

All this is meant to do is bring to people attention where i forsee these forums heading unless the community attempts to reform these forums into the constructive forums that they used to be those months ago, before im sure alot of people even knew they existed.
_________________
Ulushnar
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:59 am
Ok, a longer version of my thoughts on the subject, since I'll admit my first reply was rather terse.

The boards have gotten popular in the last 18 months or so that I've been privileged to be a member. This is a good thing since I'd rather have new Tankadins learn about the class from the people on this board than from Johnny No-Clue on the offical boards.

More people also inevitably means more people whom I could charitably describe as "clue-impared" though. That means sometimes topics are repeated a few times, and sometimes folks get the wrong end of the stick. If it gets too bad, then the moderators step in with a light touch and timely lock.

Much as I harp on about it, the Search function in phpBB is awful and it's sometimes easier to ask a question than look for an answer. I can appreciate that, some people aren't looking to spend hours at a time on here.

In short, I don't have a problem with people asking the same thing over and over. Worst case scenario, I'll stop reading for a bit when the red mist descends.
_________________
Blog


Short version: Stop sucking - Vanifae
DeadMilliken
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:28 am
I humbly disagree.

The Maintankadin is no where near the vicinity of the WoW Boards.
MT is a healthy community that segregates the 4chan-lite posts into the Asylum.

I would wager this is just a elitist mentality settling in. New people tend to ask the same questions and most miss the stickies. Its scaled up in proportion to the growth in population.
(*MT used to be small and thus you saw less posts.)
Cadarn
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:45 am
I'm one of those new people that have started playing my paladin again. I had a pally from vanilla WoW that I'd never bothered to level in BC, so I recently decided to make him a tank (the fact that pallys are suddenly fotm was purely coincidental, I swear Embarassed ). This site has been a huge help in teaching me the right way to spec/gear/play him. Whenever a clueless pally asks me about gameplay mechanics, I direct them here.

I guess some people like the OP don't want the noobs around, but I doubt that the site admin's are among them. If they didn't, they'd pull down all those sticky'd beginner's guides that are cluttering up the subforums.

I too have noticed a sharp rise in the confused since 3.2 hit, but it's to be expected considering that a lot of basic pally mechanics have changed substantially. Relax. It'll die down in a few weeks. Until WotLK hits anyway.
Invisusira
Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:30 am

Re: Dear Maintankadin

The delicious irony of someone complaining about board degradation and the repetition of topics in a topic that is, in fact, repetitive.

Guess what? You're NOT the only one who has seen this happening! In fact, there have been multiple other threads about this exact subject!
Moby
Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:05 pm
I'll add that people seem to be quite hostile sometimes.
_________________