Skip to content
Maintankadin

OT: Enchancement Shamans

Honorshammer
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:56 pm

OT: Enchancement Shamans

What does an Enhancement Shaman need to do well in Kara. We have one who has app'ed to our guild and I'm trying to figure out if he is ready to help us or not. I don't know much about the class, so I thought I'd brave the question here:

AP:
Crit:
Hit:
Mana:
Health:

Do they need spell damage?
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
Linus
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:10 pm
Look at them like you would a rogue for the most part. It's not an all-encompassing way to go about it but it will definitely give you guidance enough through kara.
_________________


"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"
Luthais
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:16 pm
My wife plays an Enhancement shaman and these were some numbers she came up with for starting out in Kara.

7200 hp
1000-1200 AP
120 - 150 hit rating
23% crit

Don't worry about mana, they have a nice ability they can use to regen.

Spell damage is pretty much useless compared to the other stats they need.
_________________
Sabindeus
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:20 pm
Spell damage is about as necessary on an Enhancement Shammy as it is on a Ret Paladin. Possibly less so.
_________________
Seiher
Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:20 pm
With the new talent that gives 30% of a Shamans attack power as Spell damage, it make using an quick off-hand with flametongue possibly more superior then windfury. The enhancement shaman in my guild has 2500 attack power when fully buffed. Giving him 750 spell damage.
_________________
eia
Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:06 am
... and here I thought this thread was about using an enhancement shaman as off tank in Kara. (What else could OT mean on these boards? Razz )
_________________
Eia - 70 Paladin, EU-Silvermoon
Turning healers' mana into blue rage since Dec 2006.
Ulushnar
Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:55 am
Here's the profile of our eppixxed-out Enhancement Shammy. His own DPS ain't bad, but when he's in a decent melee group (often at least a Ret Pally, a Rogue and a DPS warrior) then the entire DPS of the group goes through the roof.

The do need Salvation though.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

Afraithe
Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:58 am
This is my enhancement Shaman alt.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Effer

(I switch to hitrating trinket for PvE, but thats about it)

I do quite well in Karazhan, usually only full epic rogues above me on damage, sad thing is, its my buffs that push them above me in damage.

I'm a little low on hitrating I know, but good hitrating gear is hard to find.

Ive also had the worst luck in weapon drops in Karazhan, 2.2 and 2.4 speed weapons is not optimal for enhancement Shamans.

My lvl 66 legs will be replaced with Merciless soon, honestly, I haven't got any other mail legs drop that could possibly give me better stats than those lvl 66 legs with 3 sockets.
_________________
Seiher
Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:26 am
Actually, hit rating is being used less and less by high-end raiding shaman. It's good to have some, but most just have about 70-80 hit rating with the 9% from talents. They favor Crit nowadays.

I'm not exactly sure why this is, but the dps numbers are looking better then Shaman who stack higher hit.

Plus, I'm guessing a couple misses here and there helps them with their sometimes burst aggro problems.
_________________
Odius
Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:04 am
OT = Off Topic

And shammies rock, I've got an alt that's still relatively low level but they're great to have in parties. DPS that brings utility to the group is awesome. Now if we could only give rogues something a little better than SAP
_________________