Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stupid pulls 101

lusisia
Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:36 pm

Stupid pulls 101

So I get on my mount, pull up crusader aura and start grabbing a full terrace of supplicants. If he's around, I always target the initiate first because of his stupid spellbreaker. He never really lasts long anyway.

So here I am killing him and watching my mana just TOTALLY disappear. My health is dropping too and I'm having to pop a pot and eventually LoH.

It's only then do I notice the Mortal Strike debuff.

Can you guess who came along for the ride? Freakin Neth of course.

Bastard!

And yes I did finally get him down allthough I was oom and at about 2k health. Of course by that point all of the corpses that had been piling up had despawned. I only got to loot maybe 6 of them!
Guillex
Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:59 pm
Hehehe

First pull in Arc... I somehow manage to pull the two sets of archers, the guards, a wave of little things (they'd killed the huge guy), and a full wave of the beasts (with the massive one)...

I've never danced around with so many mobs on me before, trying to keep aggro on the archers up... Nobody died, but my GM and his gf were laughing like crazy for the entire time.

Needless to say, the pug rogue and drood were impressed.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
Eitan
Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:37 pm
If it's any consolation I just about got my butt handed to me by my usual pull of 25 or so supplicants last night. The fight was taking forever and they just wouldn't die.

Maybe, maybe mind you, it had something to do with my swapping out max rank HS and consecrate for rank 1 and 2 respectively. I'm sure that they would have died eventually had I not noticed that those yellow numbers were a lot smaller than normal Wink
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Eitan
Ills
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:54 am
I tend to have trouble with the supplicants when my shield dies on me. Confused
_________________

www.kleaandron.com
kvark
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:58 am
I'll just say this : dont use Seal of Blood when offtanking the prince lol

I died on the first enfeeblement quickly followed by a "wth" and a "DOH!"
_________________
Mortehl
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:14 am
Yeah. Facepulling an entire platform of Lurker trash, then responding to your raid with the word: Oops tends to make for an interesting evening.
_________________
Flex
Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:48 am
In the first boss room in SL the felguards have several pathings. the worst one is when one patrols in a semi-circle between between the front three groups.

I was in there with a noob pally healer trying for his Breastplate of Many Graces and 3 DPS who own faces, 2 shadow priests and 1 mage.

I pull the felguard, and get the 3 group in the center pillar. Pally healer freaks out since he's used to dying in PuGs. DPs is so over geared I focus solely on tanking the felguard while they destroy the 3 adds. The blue space goat shadow priest keeps fear ward up on me and we get through the fight without the pally having to toss one heal because of the DPS from the shadow priests.
_________________
kvark
Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:56 pm
yea, dont get me started =) raidleader was a warrior.
_________________