So - my first post here. I've been lurking for a while reading all I could and learning as much as I can. I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for this site. Not just the creators but all the posters as well. Without all the informative and well thought out posts I'd be lost.
Tonight (me being only 68 was quite amazed) my guild agreed to take me on a Shattered Halls run and tank it as well instead of bringing along my pew pew hunter. (I'm the first paladin tank for the guild, yay!) It went pretty good; accidentally pulled a couple double pulls but chewed through almost everything just fine. (No deaths the entire run!) I should note that we did have a ton of experienced DPS and a druid along DPSing while ready to flip into bear form in a pinch if needed.
Needless to say I was able to tank all the trash mobs up to the first boss without any problems at all. But thats where the problems began.
We got the first boss to about 30% then I lost agro and for the life of me couldn't get it back. He resisted two taunts in a row and everything I could do to try to get it back while the taunts were on their cool down - I even tried a shield toss at him. Luckily we had our fast thinking druid to jump into bear and take it over for most of the remainder of the fight.
The rest of the instance went like that. I nailed all the trash while the druid would take bear form for the bosses as they were all 3-4 levels over me.
The last boss though I was told was the smoothest fight ever.
I suggested that as the adds were only 69 I porcupine them with SoL and just work them down with my shield spike - keep the adds occupied and I wouldn't even need any heals (other than a spot heal here or there). They agreed and it was as smooth as could be.
I just wish that something dropped that I could have used.
End of story; I think I've convinced a few people that paladin tanking is viable and works extremely well while holding multiple mobs at once. The paladin healer had no problems keeping me alive and would end most trash pulls at nearly full mana.
_________________





