Skip to content
Maintankadin

Druid spell Hurricane

Nidal
Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:55 am

Druid spell Hurricane

For some reason it seems to be ignored in virtually every 'guide' on Druid spells I've found leading me to believe it wasn't worth using. Having seen it in action personally has convinced me otherwise and I'm curious as to why it receives so little attention. In particular I'm curious why I don't see raid leaders demanding Hurricane on bosses for the attack speed reduction. As a tank I know I would love 10 secs of 25% damage reduction and I'm sure the healers would appreciate it as well.

Why not have three Druids chain cast Hurricane for a total of 30 secs of 25% attack speed reduction? (assuming threat from our reactive abilities isn't an issue--say later in the fight when we have a nice lead)

So why isn't Hurricane being used? What am I missing?
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/
Lore
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:03 am
IIRC, it costs a fair chunk of mana, and isn't castable in tree form so the logistics are somewhat complicated.

It's a cool idea, I'm just not sure how practical it is.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Nidal
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:22 am
Castable in Moonkin! Cool And it does a fair amount of damage as well, granted it is inefficient mana wise against a single target, but the attack speed reduction might be worth it. And with the Insect Swarm debuff it is a 27% damage reduction.

What about for AoE tanking? Anyone ever bring along a Moonkin and use this? Prot Pally, Mage, Warlock, Moonkin and Healer sounds like alot of AoE fun, and Hurricane will make the Healers job a bit easier while burning down the mobs that much faster.

Yes, I'm a Prot Pally and my alt is a Moonkin. Very Happy Trying to find another selling point for bringing a Moonkin along.

Respect the Offspecs!
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/
Agravaine
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:24 am
I think the real issue is that Hurricane lags everyone out and that you can't see anything when its overtop you.
Lore
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:27 am
My druids hurricane quite often when I'm AE tanking, actually. Generally speaking my high block value + their slowing attacks means they effectively "heal" me for far more damage than I take by them not casting healing spells on me.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Nidal
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:36 am
Thanks Lore that is music to my ears. I was afraid that because I don't see people talking about it, that I was missing some fatal flaw.
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/
Lore
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 am
It's definitely useful (and easy to overlook) I just don't think it's all that worthwhile to try and coordinate in a boss encounter. If your druids want to drop out and toss one out, it may very well be helpful, but should probably be done at their discretion and not something that you really make an effort for. There's already a lot going on in a typical 25-man boss encounter, no need to complicate things further.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Nidal
Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:25 pm
LOL! Exactly, not sure why I gravitate toward the offspecs but I do, perhaps the topic of my next blog post...

And of course I love Insect Swarm....and with Hurricane that is a 27% reduction--at least for that 10secs.
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/
Nymeros
Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:41 am
I don't see what the general dislike for Moonkin is anyways?

Besides the awesome debuff, and the 5% crit aura, they do more single-target dps than the frost-spec Mages easily. Wrath scales too damn well.

Just take away the players' cloth aversion. Sit them in Spellstrike/etc.
_________________
Armory // On-Hiatus

Only those who will risk going too far can ssibly find out how far one can go.
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?