Skip to content
Maintankadin

Any Legendary weapons planned for WoTLK?

Discus
Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:17 am

Any Legendary weapons planned for WoTLK?

Now elementium is no longer smeltable and Thunderfury almost unobtainable, does anyone know if there are any plans for a tanking Legendary weapon at any point in WoTLK?

All thoughts and random speculation welcome...
DMStewart
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:04 am
I would be shocked ... SHOCKED if there were no Frostmourne dropping from Arthas (once we can finally get there).
_________________
Some want to live forever through great deeds, others through their children. I want to live forever through not dying.

Belloc
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:22 am
Absolutely nothing has been confirmed, but I think a lot of us expect to see the Ashbringer in our hands.
_________________
Belloc
Macktruck
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:36 am
What would REALLY be interesting if there could be only one ashbringer or frostmourne either per realm or per faction on each realm. Would definitely make a lot of guilds fight tooth and nail to get there....then hope for the drop lol.
_________________
Discus
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:06 am
The only way this could work is if the items were "artifact" quality the first time they dropped and then became legendary items for anyone else that gets them. That would provide dual-incentives.

You beat me to it and that's partially why I started this thread. I heard rumours that Blizz were going to introduce the red artifacts as a level above orange legendary (GMs have had them for years) and the obvious way of making them even harder than legendary would be as realm firsts.

I guess what matters is whatever legendary weapons do appear end up being usable useful for tankadins and not just rogues and warriors like the azzinoth blades.
Majiben
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 am
Banished to the general forum where it will get more traffic.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.