Skip to content
Maintankadin

Advice I got from a long time Protection Paladin

stalkerzero
Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Advice I got from a long time Protection Paladin

So, today I was chatting with a person who had tanked most of Karazhan and Magtheridon - he had also been Protection pre-TBC and tanked then.

During our chat I was asking for just general advice and this gem came out:

"Only use Holy Shield when Redoubt procs."

How this man has been successful I don't know. He must have the best 9/24 other players in the world backing him.

Sometimes, I wonder if our own worst enemy is Paladins like that.

I'm still boggled.
_________________
Prepared
Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:02 pm
/facepalm

Tell me about it.
_________________
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."




Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Trevize
Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:02 pm
Yeah ignorance within our own community has held us back for years.

The few great ideas always get buried by the crap from the morons.
Pizbit
Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:09 pm
I figured this out the moment I got holy shield. </boast>

Can I get a gold star? Laughing
Chevalier
Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:14 pm
He might of meant for leveling, against one target thats probably a good idea.
_________________
Everlight
Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:57 pm
Actually, when you're soloing in crushable gear at low gear levels, waiting until Redoubt to use HS isn't such a bad idea. Especially if you only have a couple of mobs on you.

It's a terrible idea if you're tanking a raid boss, though Smile
_________________
Zen Tanking - http://zentanking.blogspot.com
Lore
Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:27 pm
Considering that Holy Shield can be up permanently, I can see absolutely no benefit to waiting for Redoubt to proc whatsoever.
_________________
Me, LOL!
kvark
Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:34 pm
My holy shield button on the keyboard used to have writing on it ... "2"
_________________
Kaelie
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:37 pm
My Holy Shield button is on my mouse thumb button, easier to flick up and down over it until it pops up. I foresee broken keys if I tried sticking it on the keyboard.
_________________