Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tool/Mod recommendations for raid leaders

zor
Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:03 pm

Tool/Mod recommendations for raid leaders

While I know this is not really a tankadin specific question, I know many of you in here are responsible for leading your own raid groups, and I was looking for some recommendations/suggestions on some mods that may make my life a bit easier.

Currently here's what I have been using:
# Damage Meter (changing views on it regularly from Over Damage done, to specific damage on this boss fight, overall healing done, current DPS, etc)

# KLHTM (threat monitoring (slowly but surely switching the rest of my kara team over to Omen)

# The Raid Status Monitor built into CTRaid (I use it for a quick check to see what our healing classes mana is like before I pull the next group of mobs)


I am wondering what else is recommenced, whether it is while we are raiding, or something to use after the run is complete so we can figure out where we need improvement.
_________________
Mortehl
Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:06 pm
http://www.lossendil.com/wws/

Use it. Love it. Worship it.

Get yourself set up and make sure at least 1 ranged and 1 melee tank are submitting a report every raid. You will learn lots about where your raid needs to improve.
_________________
Everlight
Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:16 pm
The raid-leading specific stuff that I use it;

SimpleRaidTargetIcons - I'm also the target assigner and MT, this is awesome for flagging stuff up.

BigWigs - I use this for announcing timers on all the bosses, it's quite nice, strongly recommend to people.

Recount - Excellent damage tracking mod, also records a lot of detail about incoming damage, making it great for reviewing a fight and how it went.

Omen / Threat / ThreatToKTM - Stop using KTM now, just use the ThreatToKTM module, and then harangue your raiders to switch. It's just better, although I believe it malfunctions against Onyxia (we had some weirdness going on when we 8 manned her).

CTRaidAssist - I still use this for the MT target frame, and the raid status frame. I use Grid for viewing the raid though. I don't use CTRA_BossMods.
_________________
Zen Tanking - http://zentanking.blogspot.com
Nymeros
Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:19 pm
Grid and PerfectRaid are still your two best Raid Frames.

Switch from KTM ---> Omen NOW. It's not even funny how much better it is.

Deadly Boss Mods or BigWigs for boss announcements.

Do not use CTRaidAssist. Use oRA. You'll be much happier.

And use http://www.lossendil.com/wws/

I also recommend having your raid targets keybound.
_________________
Armory // On-Hiatus

Only those who will risk going too far can ssibly find out how far one can go.
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?
Kyroro
Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:12 pm
DamageMeters are highly inaccurate, no two people in your raid will ever post a similar report even when sync'd. SW Stats is much more synchronized and accurate.

Don't use KTM. Use Omen! Lightweight, more accurate, and won't make people in your raid with crappy computers lag.

Use ora2 instead of ctra. More lightweight, better functionality.

XRS requires setup, but you can configure it to see if raid buffs are up, dead people etc.
_________________

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kyroro
zor
Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:10 pm
thank you for the suggestions all. I put several of the mods you recommenced to use, and found that it greatly helped me determine where (& whom) we needed improvement.

You guys rock.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:31 pm
RDX is insanely powerful.

It also has a learning curve that makes Mt. Everest look like a speed bump.
_________________
Lore
Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:50 pm
I used to use RDX pretty religiously pre-BC. Around the time BC hit most of its existing functions broke pretty hard, and I just found different mods to manage everything I had it do before.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Daeren
Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:31 pm
I would recommend Omen, but KLH works well.

Damage meters, Swstats or WWS seems nice.

For raid frames, I use AG_uf for that because it's so small. I will never go back.

and use oRA2 instead of CTraid. much much better.
_________________
Jensaarai
Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:27 am
KTM (still haven't been convinced to use Omen yet)

oRA2 (MT targets, zone checks, etc)

Grid (raid frames)

XRS (quickly check raid status)

RLAssistFu (handy countdowns)

SWStats (great synching damage meter)

NECB (castbars)

BigWigs (bossmods)

WIM (WoW Instant Messenger, for managing tells Wink)

GuildFu (for easily seeing who's online)



those are all things I wouldn't want to raid without Smile
_________________
mithoss
Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:08 am
Omen, Deadly Boss mods, SWStats. I use X-Perl for raid frames as I don't need anything special or custom, and it has nice MT windows.
_________________