Skip to content
Maintankadin

We're doomed

Trevize
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:02 am

Ret Change Rumor Mill

So the other day I was chilling in mechanar on my rogue naked.....you guys can guess why Twisted Evil

Some paladin in a respectable guild on our server was talking about some ret changes. He heard a blue say something in passing about making Ret more raid viable. The idea the Blue tossed around casually was making Sanctified Crusader talent "Increase all spell dmg done to the judged target by x% of the paladin's attack power."

So when crusader is judged by the ret paladin, the entire raid gets a huge spell dmg buff. Now lets say they make this 10%, which is probably to high but not out of the realm of possibilities.

The Ret pally who runs with us has about 2.5k attack power with nothing procced and pushes 3k peak. That would be 300 spell dmg to the raid making threat a serious issue for warrior tanks......but not pally tanks because that scales with our threat.

This whole thing might be false as the person had no link or proof of it. But the idea was very intriguing and seemed to create a nice synergy with Tankadins.

Anyway, feel free to discuss or discredit this info.
Maranus
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:15 am
Frankly, dgaf if it isn't officially subtantiated.

I also hate how every single thread on this forum turns into a 5 pages of retarded "lol if we had this ability" or "rofl if that ability actually did this"
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Lore
Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:22 am
Should be seeing some solid stuff in the next few weeks, word from the inside is they're wrapping up 2.3 for a PTR release within a couple weeks of 2.2 going live.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Agravaine
Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 am
I honestly don't like this idea at all.

I don't want my future as a tank tied to whether there is a Ret Paladin, and I'm sure that Ret Paladins don't want to be tied to whether there is a Prot Paladin to generate enough threat to deal with taht damage.

A prot Paladin with ~1000 effective spell damage, given the state of everyone else would be an unstoppable threat engine.

Since that can't be permitted, our skills and base threat will be nerfed to compensate. Whereas, Sanctity and Wrath of Air/Windfury is comparable to bloodfrenzy/recklessness and Windfury.

In other words, we'll need a ret paladin to function equally to a warrior.

No thanks. Ret is even more full of fail than we are, and I'm not enough of a kool-aid drinker to think we are anything but barely viable.
Trevize
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:04 am
2.5k Attack power with raid buffs is not hard to attain. If you have gotten T5 equalivent gear. Factor in Warrior Shout/Might/Mark/Kings/Str. of earth Totem. It is quite attainable I assure you.

I did mention in my original post that the guy didn't have any links or anything and heard it from a blue. I found it interesting and decided to let you all know as speculation. It might be totally false but I liked the idea to be honest and goes hand in hand with pally tanks.

I have love for our Ret brethren and would love to see them get some love from Blizzard.

Also from the Blizzcon screenshots, Imp. SoCrus has the Sanctified Crusader talents now. So something has to be down there taking its place and this would add raid utility deep in the ret tree.
Furiouso
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:32 am
I'm an idiot, I read 2.5k with nothing proc'ed and thought of unbuffed AP instead.

Lore, 2.3 coming out within a couple weeks of 2.2 is very good news. I've become a little bored of tanking and am working on my retribution set. I tend to go for the underdog specs, but anything to not have to heal.
Lore
Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:41 am
Yeah, but at least once it's on the PTR we'll be able to get a solid look at things to come Razz
_________________
Me, LOL!
Velaegis
Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:34 pm
I was playing with this (very, VERY stupid Hunter) who was convinced Ret was getting a huge buff. He told me his guild was splitting up because that makes the game not worth it.

Lawl.
_________________