Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dark Runes?

Darthpaxis
Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:00 am

Dark Runes?

What is best way to get my hands on some dark runes? I realy despise the AH method since I did not earn them in anyway. and the availbility sucks on AH right now. Should I just try and clear scholo with my level 70 hunter? or should I sit in LFG hoping to run an instance that no one runs anymore?
_________________
Warrender
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:00 am
If you want to go the farming route, you might want to try farming Demonic Runes instead with your Pally. You can find them on any demon mob in Azshara or Felwood. They are the same exact thing as Dark Runes except BoP.

I prefer the AH route so Dark Runes are perfect for me. You can usually find a good deal on them if you are patient enough.
_________________
Nemi
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:03 am
I think he's asking specifically for his lvl 60 epic ground mount.

My advice? Get a pink chicken and be done with it.

But if your dead set on getting a red unicorn, probably best to do it on your hunter or annoy your guild enough that they take you.
_________________
Darthpaxis
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:05 am
yes for my epic quest i bought 2 off AH and went this morning into scholo with hunter and cleared what i could in an hour or so but no runes.
_________________
Nemi
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:10 am
I remember having a ton of dark runes but then again I used them too frequently so nice a mana pot that in turn returns more mana when healed!

We just did this not too long ago for an upcoming ret pally in the guild (mmm sanctity aura) and it took 3-4 clears.
_________________
Pillze
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:44 am
I guess I was really lucky when it came to my epic mount quest. It was alot cheaper for me to buy the stuff off the AH then do the rest, not to mention I managed to saved up around 450g from 1-60...idk how I did but I did. But I'd have to say if you have to grind for them, gl in scholo. You could probably charge a couple lvl 60 locks trying to get their dreadstead. Since they need to use the lab in the basement.
_________________
Darthpaxis
Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:01 am
So I broke down and bought some runes from the AH for about 20g per after running the instance 4 times and not getting 5 of them. The part in EPL was way beyond cake killing the skellies and the meat grinders was not epic in any way. I then went and completed the Tyr's Hands portion. Damn three elite casters one being healers is hard to solo. Any tips on dealing with them for others would be nice. I am down to the part where you buy the 4 more items each for a lot of gold. Then I will have to find a group to run Strat maybey this weekend. Any tips on that portion would also be helpful.

Yes i know I could just go buy me Joust Chicken but then what would be the point of being diffrent and being a Paly. I want to earn this my way as these long epic quest are part of what make WoW so fun. Maybey if i level a caster for enchanting I will buy him a chicken more than likely I will just leave them at 40 unless if WoTLK requires you to be higher for the next portion of enchanting.
_________________
Xanatos
Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:42 am
Keep at it. Nothing says badass pally like your shiny red unicorn.

I rode around on a 60% mount till lvl 64 simply because there was no Pristine Black Diamonds to be had. (TBC server with transfers not open yet). Had to run scholo till my eyes bled to get my lucky drop.

And no, I refused to give in and buy a chocobo. I'm cheap like that.
_________________
Sabindeus
Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:19 am
since when did this become the Blood Elf forums and not the Maintankadin forums?
_________________
Thels
Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:35 am
Blood elves have the option to buy Dark Runes from the AH. No such luck for Alliance, that actually need to get into Stratholme to loot that BoP Holy Water.

The quests overall are similar enough, though. It's just harder to find groups for lower level instances unless bringing in lvl 70s. However, if you mention that it's for your paladin mount, you might get some more support, as lvl 70 pallies remember the specialty of it. Might be different for horde, though.

Would've wished we got a Tabard of our own Sad
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin