Skip to content
Maintankadin

Rumor about Ardent Defender changes?

Brandiss
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:17 pm

Rumor about Ardent Defender changes?

I know I shouldn't give any attention to rumors unless blizzard has said something, but this one did get me worried a bit. Recently spoke with another tankadin about some stuff when he said that Ardent Defender was supposed to get another small nerf due to Warrior whining.

Rumors will always pull my legs so I'd ignore it, but it did get me a bit worried, because it's usually whiners who get things changed.

Has there been anything about AD on worldofraids.com or anything? Or is this truly made-up?
_________________
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Agravaine
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:23 pm
Well considering that they just changed this skill by buffing it a few patches ago, I can't see them nerfing it. The skill is nice, but certainly shouldn't be on anyone's "most overpowered" list.

That being said, Blizzard is the company that gave us Space Shamen and made the leaders of the Light giant paper snowflake men.

The only way I can see them nerfing Ardent Defender is if they attached a overall health bonus to it.
PsiVen
Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:46 pm
I wouldn't be that surprised to see a slight nerf when they give us more HP.
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...
Anuji
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:11 am
mhh.. i've never "used" it on any boss so far...
in my opinion it's a ridiculous crappy Talent which is so damn often leapfrogged..

Yeah it's nice on farmin' but on bosses it's just.. mhh... crap mostly times

they could just change it with "you gain 15% more stamina" or something else and i'd be happy with it

edit: yeah i would even be happy when they change it to "you gain 15 stamina" ... Very Happy
_________________

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Anuji
Hope it's understandable what i'm sayin' Very Happy
eia
Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:33 am
I can't find it now, but the only mention I've seen about what ppl refer to as the "hp-buff" was that they would even out the difference or something like that, I didn't really read that as they necessarily giving us more hp, but maybe just giving us tools like the seal for temp +hp and judgement to make the mobs hit for less...
Have I completely misunderstood, and could someone point me to it again please? Smile
_________________
Eia - 70 Paladin, EU-Silvermoon
Turning healers' mana into blue rage since Dec 2006.
Mortehl
Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:23 am
The judgement puts less pressure on your DPS warriors to thunderclap, and the seal would give paladins a far more powerful and useful last stand.
_________________
Agravaine
Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:51 am
Seal/Judgment of Protection seem to me to be our answer to Last Stand and Thunderclap/Demoralizing Shout.

In that regard, I think it is brilliant.

I doubt it's the "health" buff, at least I hope that's not the health buff. We just flat out need more hps.