Skip to content
Maintankadin

Avenger's Shield vs casters: an idea

Darkshadow201068
Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:13 pm

Avenger's Shield vs casters: an idea

I was browsing the wow forums for some crazy reason (actually it might have been the euro forums) and the idea of using avenger's shield as a spell intterupt came up.

I'm not such a fan of that idea but the idea of adding a silence effect to AS's daze would be a great improvement to our pulling tool and really help when you are unable to LoS pull.

What do you guys think?
Xanatos
Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:12 am
Daze and silence? Blizzard will never allow it. I'll settle for a 2 sec stun.
_________________
Belarkan
Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:20 am
Well, would be nice but answer will be the same as for paladin not having shield bash for spell interrupt (there's already many classes that can do that).
You usualy should be able to pull the casters either with a mage counter spell / silence or by breaking the line of sight.
Darkshadow201068
Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:30 am
yes, but this would be used in a very different manner to shield bash. It has a cast time and cooldown, making it fairly limited in combat, this would just improve what is simply a pulling tool
stormknight
Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:17 am
Maybe they can remove dazed effect for silence/interrupt effect. but daze + silence.. dont think so..
_________________
eia
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:24 am
No, that was Hammer of Wrath.
_________________
Eia - 70 Paladin, EU-Silvermoon
Turning healers' mana into blue rage since Dec 2006.
Watts
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:51 am
Silence would be nice, but I don't think it'd ever happen. It wouldn't really be overpowered at all but people would act like it is. I mean prot pallies already dominate the PVP scene, this would just elevate us to the next level, amirite?

I personally wish they'd change it so rank 1 of AS hits 1 target, rank 2 hits 2 targets, and so on. I'd be pleased with that. I'd also be happy if they could tag on 2 seconds to the duration of HS, or lower the cooldown by 2 seconds. I'm sure Blizzard will get right on top of that.
_________________
Man is the animal.
fuzzygeek
Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:40 pm
I'd be happier if AS didn't daze at all. AS is perfect if you need to apply CC on the fly after the pull.

We don't need CC much, generally speaking. And any group going into content that can't just be AOE tanked better be good enough to CC regardless of the incoming speed.

To sum : Daze on AS = Stupid.
_________________